chapter eleven.

OUT IN the hall, Marcus and Simon waited together when Kate finally exits the bathroom, with Josh following right behind. "No!" Simon says, smiling when he saw Josh. "Calm down." Kate tells him right away as Marcus just grins widely, glancing between the two. "It was barely first base." Kate defends herself.

Just then, Deena and Sam approach them. "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Did you... all go to pound town?" Simon now asked, gesturing between both pairs, all four are speechless then Simon smiles. "Me and Mar too!" He says and Marcus immediately smacks his arm.

"I didn't even let you touch me." He says, defending himself as his face turns red with embarrassment as Deena and Kate laugh at him while he huffs. "Shut up, Si." He whispered as Josh goes on to explain the plan.

They set up the trap, first with mopping trails of Kate's blood to the bathroom and then setting up the bathroom, pouring chemicals that are flammable, leaving Sam in there in one of the bathroom stalls. The final step was the blood trails all leading together.

While waiting by the bathrooms with Kate and Deena, Marcus is startled when Simon runs up to them. "Dude! She's here! I saw her! She was.... she was so sexy, but fucking crazy still! She was doing it! Following the blood trails!" He exclaimed at them, panicking.

"Yeah, it's working. Skull Mask is on his way too." Marcus says, pointing and sure enough, he was headed straight towards them. Marcus flinched when he felt something touch his hand, but relaxed when it was just Simon, holding onto his hand for dear life. Ruby Lane was just down the hall now, near the fire exit.

Singing that creepy song as Simon looks, "Ruby." He says quietly. "She is so hot, you weren't wrong..." Marcus stared with his jaw dropped and Simon looks at him. "You're drooling a bit there," he says, sounding petty and Marcus looks away, rolling his eyes.

"This is so dumb. If this doesn't work, I will murder you!" Kate says to Deena and then just down the hall, Camp Nightwing Killer was coming their way causing them to all look. "He's also... kinda hot, you know?" Marcus whispered. "He killed 12 people... some of them were kids." Simon whispered back to him.

"Ruby also killed people." Marcus retorts back as Deena now spoke, "they're all here." Skull Mask was the first one in the bathroom and by now, Simon was shaking a bit so Marcus grabs his upper arm, squeezing it gently as Ruby goes into the bathroom after Skull Mask.

Next the Camp Nightwing Killer runs by them so Simon flinched, stepping closer to Marcus who just stared at him with a small smile on his face. "It'll be okay... it'll work." He whispered to Simon who just looked at him.

Once Sam was out of the bathroom, she turns to the others. "Go, go, go, go!" She says so Kate ties the door closed, Deena pours out the flammable chemicals and Josh and Simon grab the fire extinguishers. Marcus lights his lighter, tossing it onto the fluids before running to the side where they all stand in a line together, Deena, Sam, Josh, Kate, Simon and Marcus.

They wait as the screaming then stopped, so they all peak out towards the door. In the washroom, Kate, Josh and Simon spray the room with fire extinguishers as Marcus looked at all the gunk on the walls and mirrors, grimacing. It was splattered everywhere.

"Come back from that, motherfuckers!" Simon says, all of them huddled together as Marcus steps closer to Simon. He grabs the other's arm, smiling widely as they all chuckle in relief, thinking it was all over now.

Or so they thought.

All of the black goo was coming together, in the corner, Josh watched as a hand formed out of the gunk and came towards him but Kate grabs him just in time so they all run out of the bathroom. They run into the nearest classroom. "Help me!" Deena shouts to Marcus who rushed over to the desk, Sam helping them as Simon closed the door and quickly locked it. "Come on! They're coming!" Deena shouted.

"They're gonna keep coming!" Kate says as Marcus pulls on the desk. "We're fucked!" Simon shouts, turning around. "No, no! We are not fucked!" Kate now looks directly at Sam who stopped helping Deena and Marcus. "She's fucked. They're coming for her." Kate says and Marcus stops what he's doing.

"If we put Sam in the hall, we end this now." Kate says and Marcus shakes his head. "You're a monster." Deena says, stepping away from the desk. "I'm being reasonable! We can't run anymore." Kate argued back. "A bullet won't stop them, fine. They're really strong. But we just tried to goddamn explode them and that didn't work!" She exclaimed at Deena.

"You're suggesting killing her."

"I mean, that's not exactly what she's saying." Josh defends Kate as Deena looks at him. "Oh, you're on her side?" She says. "You'd let us all die to protect her. Look at this. Okay, look at this." Kate now takes Josh's backpack where she slams down the article of Ruby Lane.

"Dead," she now sets down the one about the Milkman, "dead," she sets down more articles, "dead!" She now looked up at Deena. "This is the way. It's the only way." She says as Josh goes onto the floor, looking at the articles that Kate had pushed onto the floor, along with his backpack which she dropped.

"Sam's gotta go." Kate says as Marcus glanced at Simon, walking over to him quietly and Deena looked at Sam. "Are you kidding me?" The curly haired girl looked at Kate again as Simon and Marcus were quiet, looking at one another. Sam inhales deeply, "Kate's right."

Marcus and Kate look at her right away. "I don't want you guys to die for me. I'm going." She says and now Deena looks at her. "I'm ending this." Sam lets out a breath. "No, you're not," Deena walked over to her. "Are you crazy?" She says and Sam just grabs her face.

She presses their foreheads together and Marcus steps closer to Simon, putting his head onto Simon's shoulder. "No... No, Sam! Sam!" Deena says when the girl pulled back, Kate opened the door and Simon had to hold Deena back. "Sam! Let me go! Let me... Sam!" She shouted and then the door is locked.

AUTHORS NOTE
i still haven't gotten my niece to watch the fear street trilogy with me 🙁🙁 i keep telling her she'll like them because she loves horror but she keeps saying she doesn't know it lmao. (ofc i would cover her eyes during like... yk, the seggs scenes so like dw)