chapter thirteen.

AT THE grocery store Simon works at, Marcus couldn't help but smile at the many photos framed for employee of the month, he isn't so surprised all five of them are all literally Simon. No other employee.

Simon begins grabbing the pills from the pharmacy as Marcus walks over to join the others. "A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience in which he ingested too much of a certain substance. He was dead for two minutes." Simon says as he sets down the many pill bottles.

"But..." He says and then does a little beat on the top of the counter. "We got him back!" He says as he pointed at Sam and Deena. "Kate. It's time for your close-up." She says and Kate nods before going through all the pills, dumping them all out onto the countertop.

"You need to take these in order." Simon explains to Sam, pointing to the pills. "Pile one takes the edge off. You're gonna feel like you're being fucked by a unicorn." He says and Marcus and Josh both grimace at that.

Marcus sells drugs, sure, he even supplies some to other drug dealers like Kate and Simon, but he doesn't take them himself to know much about them and also doesn't know the people who use his drugs that personally. "Pile two is gonna bring your core temp way down. You may feel slightly sick." Simon says.

"You need to take a five-minute interval between pile one and three. That's really important, okay? Pile three brings you down and out, so take that take five or it's all gonna go to shit!" He says. "How many of these do we have?" Kate now asked Simon. "Tons. Like a thousand." Simon says, grabbing the EpiPens.

"Wait. EpiPens?" Deena says. "Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline. This is what brings her back. This is Jesus!" Simon exclaimed and Sam lets out a small sigh. Next was putting blood on the other three's shirts.

"Sam's blood marks the spot." Deena says before hugging Josh. Sam had put her blood on Kate, Simon and Marcus. Marcus had taken off the black long sleeve because it was making him sweaty and he didn't like long sleeves that much, and the kind he was wearing made him a little itchy. "Do you remember half an hour ago, when you wanted to murder me?" Sam says to Kate, softly smiling at her.

"You don't have to do this. You can leave." Sam suddenly told them as Marcus glanced to Kate and Simon who look at each other. Who knew Marcus would end up regretting the decision of not grabbing Simon and just leaving with him later that night... "Remember when you decided to sacrifice yourself for us?" Kate now tells Sam who looks up at her.

"We're ending this together." Marcus says, making her glance to him as Simon steps forward and puts her hand to her arm. "Die well, my friend." He says before stepping back. "We got back door patrol." Simon says and Josh walks over to him. "Hey!" Kate says and she walks over to Josh, kissing him.

"I'll run interference up here with Mar. Come on." She nods her head to the boy who jogs over to join her. "What was that, Ms. Schmidt?" He grins widely and she rolls her eyes. "Like you didn't wanna do the same with Simon?" She glanced at him and Marcus rolls his eyes now. "Hey!" Marcus turns around.

"You look good, Porter." It was Simon and Marcus rolls his eyes. "Shut up, Si..." He blushed anyway and smiled before turning around and continuing to walk with Kate. "Come on," she grabs a basket. "Carry this for me." She says and Marcus sighed, grabbing it and holding it for her anyway.

"He really loves you, you know?" Kate said suddenly as they walk down the hair stuff aisle. "What?" He looks at her, she smiles faintly as she looks at him. "Simon..." She says before glancing up at him. "He always talks about you. And it's nice to see you... two together." She says and he just glanced away, smiling.

"When it's all over, don't hold back like you always do. Okay? Just... be with him and be happy." She says and glanced away again. "It's what you both deserve. You guys are... my best friends." She says and he sighs.

"I'm trying... it's just... you know." He shrugs and she glanced over at him but then paused where she stood when she hears a sound off in the distance. "I'll go check it out." She says and walked away. He sighed, setting down the basket as he looks around, walking off and looking down each aisle as he did so.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw the Skull Mask killer, but the killer barely noticed him so he just stayed there, frozen before looking to the side and seeing the closest thing for defense which happened to be a bat. He grabs it off the top shelf, walking around and being cautious. If a killer were to come out from anywhere, he'd have to fight them off so they wouldn't go after Sam or Deena. The first killer he sees is the Camp Nightwing Killer, but like a coward, he ran to hide instead of fighting him.

He stayed hiding with a worried look on his face, breathing heavily. He flinched when he heard a scream. It was a girl so he got up out of worry, it was no doubt Kate but still, he couldn't even move from where he stood.

He wanted to be with Simon. He feels safer with him. He continued on down the aisle, he can hear heavy footsteps walking away from him. He can still hear Kate screaming until it suddenly stopped so he stopped right where he was standing as well, gulping. "Go! She's right behind me!" He hears Simon so he quickly turned around and saw Simon running towards him, the same aisle he was standing at.

He grabbed Marcus and began running but then suddenly came to a stop at the sight of Kate's body on the bread slicer, her head had gone through it. Marcus let out a shuddering breath, trying to hold it in as he looked over at Josh. Simon was looking behind him when he pushed Marcus towards Josh, the other turning to him as he stumbled into Josh.

Simon was about to say it, those three words that held so much meaning in them, but it was too late. An axe had gone through his head and Marcus' blood ran cold at the sight. Josh screamed and grabbed Marcus' wrist, pulling him as he began running away.

AUTHORS NOTE
anyways... rip bread slices and wood...
get it because kate gets killed by a bread slicer and simon gets chopped by an axe? lol.
sorry. too soon.
humour is my coping mechanism.

+ about everyone wanting me to keep simon alive, i had an image of what marcus would be like in the second book and the third and all that so like it's all just trauma for it to make the future chapters make sense