Max X Insecure! Fem! Reader

(art not mine)

TW: talking down about yourself because of your weight. (No matter what you think you're perfect either way! <3)

I will be using she/her pronouns.

(Y/n) POV:

I've been at camp for about a month now, I like it here so far. But there's one kid I have a HUGE crush on but I hate him. His name is Max and he treats everyone, including me, like shit. He's always so mean! But I don't know why I lime him so much. Whenever I'm around him, I get all warm and fuzzy inside!

"Okay campers!" David started. "Today, we are going to be swimming in the lake, so go put your swimsuits on please?" Then everyone went off to their tents. I don't have a tent mate so, thankfully, I can change alone. I put on my (F/c) one piece and walked out. God I look so fat/ skinny. I hate my body I wish I could just lose/ gain weight!

"(Y/n) you look amazing! Now please go over to the lake with the other campers!" David said with is usual smile. "Thanks, but I really don't," I said walking off.

"Hi (Y/n)!" Nikki said running up to me and hugging me. "H-hi Nikki," I said looking down. "What wrong (Y/n)?" Neil said popping up being Nikki. I tilted my head. "Yeah you look more depressed. Talk about bad swimsuit," Max said walking up, his hands in his hoodie pockets. "Max don't say that! You know she's insecure enough!" Nikki said putting her hands on her weist madly. "Nikki, you know the only why I'm mean to her," he said looking away. Is that a small bush on his face? No, he must be getting hot out here because its the middle of summer and he's wearing a hoodie. "But still! You shouldn't try to make her mental heath worse," Neil said putting his hands into fists. As they kept fighting, I slowly snook away and went down to the lake to swim with the others.

"(Y/n), over here!" I heard a voice say. I look over and see Nerris waving her hand while trying to splash Harrison. I giggle and walked toward them. "You look great! I'm surprised you aren't more confident in yourself!" Harrison said with a small smile. "T-Thanks but not really, it makes me look too fat/ skinny," I said rubbing the back of my neck. "(Y/n) stopppppppp! You're amazing! Just expect it already!" Nerris said splashing me with water. "But my mind won't let me! And plus, how am I supposed to be confident when I have a crush on him!" "A crush on who?" Harrison said, kinds disappointed that I didn't tell him yet. "She has a crush on Max, you couldn't tell?" "Well I could, but I thought I was seeing things." "Guys you're not making it better," I wait interpreting them. "Oh sorry!" Harrison said jolting back a little. "So~ when are you gonna tell him?" Nerris said moving closer. "I-I don't know I-I," "(Y/n)! Get over here!" I was cut off by someone behind me. I froze for a second and turned around. I looked behind me and saw, Max. I looked back at Nerris and Harrison and they both nodded. "What are you wanting for? Hurry up!" "S-sorry! Coming!"

I got out of the water and Max grabbed my hand and dragged me into the woods. When we were deep enough into the wood so that no one could see us, Max turned around and looked me in my eyes. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry, and you really do look great," Max said, his face had a small blush on it. I froze, not knowing what to say. "I-It's okay if you don't feel the same way but I feel like y-you should know that I l-love you," he said failing not to stutter. "Max........ I-I...." I was cut off by a pair of soft lips pressing against mine. I calmed down and kissed back. We stayed like this for a good twenty seconds, the Max pulled away for air.

Max looked away disappointed in himself. I put my hands on his cheeks and said, "I love you too!"

Bonus ending:
"OH MY GOD YESSSSS! FINALLYYYYY! SUCH A GOOD SHIPPPPP!" I heard someone behind us say. I turned around and saw Preston. I squeaked as Max got in front of me. "Fuck off Preston! You ruined the moment!"

(A/n):

I know this is cheesy but I HAD TO I'M SORRY!

Also my girlfriend is coming over tomorrow so I might not post something so yeah just warning the almost no people that read this as of August 5th, 2021.

806 words