Chapter 8

*Another beautiful day with fabulous #portwell content. I hope you are all having a magnificent day! Happy readings and let me see those reactions throughout the story. I love to read them! ♥️*

Gina 
When we woke up in the morning, both Ej and I were laid awkwardly on opposites sides of the couch. I flutter my eyelids rapidly trying to adjust to the sunlight seeping through the windows.

I could feel Ej lightly steering next to me and I looked over my shoulder and down at him. He scrunched up his face in displeasure also bothered by the sunlight sluggishly placing a pillow over his face to hide the light bugging him. I couldn't help but smile at him as he groaned sinking further into the couch. I could hear faint steps coming from the stairs. They stopped abruptly somewhere down in the bottom. The next couple of steps were hesitant and calculated. I knew it was Ashlyn but I closed my eyes pretending to be asleep to see her reaction.

"unbelievable. He won't even let me sit next to him at the dinner table" She whispered chuckling under her breath.

"And yet here he is... about to fall off the couch" she finished saying by poking me "and I know you're awake roomie" she whispered in my ear and I laughed under my breath.

"and here I thought I could fool you" I laughed softly opening my eyes while meeting her gaze innocently.

"come on roomie, you know better" she whispered as I giggled softly.

"would you please shut up? I'm trying to sleep" Ej groaned sighing grumpily lifting the pillow on his face ever so slightly to give us a glare making us giggle even more.

"oh wake up grumpy pants" I retorted lifting myself up just a little bit and grabbing the pillow from his face making him groaned.

"G!!"  He complained as I laughed using the pillow to smack him with it.

"Are you awake yet?" I asked stopping my torment briefly to look down at Ej who was using his hands as a shield.

"No" he groaned and I resumed my attack. After a couple of minutes he began chuckling and I stopped yet again.

"Now are you up?" I asked again lifting the pillow over my head while raising my eyebrows.

"Yes I am. Thank you" He replied sitting up running a hand through his tangled hair.

God he is hot...

" So I guess we were tried after all huh?" He teased looking up at me as I stood up.

"I must of been very tired if I didn't move a muscle. You should consider yourself  lucky. You would've ended up sprawled on the floor otherwise" I smirked at him and he chuckled.

"That couch could use a foot more in length" He added humorously. "or two" I replied.

"yeah yeah I get it. It is small couch but we're not a tall family okay? I mean have you seen me? My parents height is average and thus there is... me" Ash explained rolling her eyes at us.

"So don't mock my couch because by the looks of it, you two looked pretty cozy" She concluded as we gaped at her wordlessly and she proudly smirked at our reaction.

"Now hurry up and go change. I wanna go get breakfast and since Gigi is barely learning how to drive, I am still stuck with you" Ashlyn declared swiftly turning on her feet.

A couple of seconds went by before we burst into a fit of laughter.

"Well she woke up feisty today didn't she?" He said through a fit of laughter.

"She usually always does. But dials it down two-thirds by the time we get to school" I commented and he grinned softly.

Oh... I'm falling for him... I am falling hard...

So who wants to give me a hand and keep me from my inevitable death?

Hello #portwell fam,

I hope everyone is having an spectacular day. What do we think so far? What's your favorite line? Favorite moment? Let me know all things. And feel free to add any suggestions either in the comments or by directly messaging me.

With love always,

Bree