Chapter 10

*Another beautiful day with fabulous #portwell content. I hope you are all having a magnificent day! Happy readings and let me see those reactions throughout the story. I love to read them! ♥️*

Gina 
6 weeks later

" So I'm gonna need a little more focus from my leads" Miss Jen complained glaring at Lily and Ej who were giggling like stupid 8 year old's.

"Did you two hear or not? I need a yes or a no?" She added irritably and they replied with a soft "yes".

I couldn't help but roll my eyes for the 20th time since rehearsals started.

"Okay I need a 10. So go out, take a deep breathe, hydrate and we will meet back here" Miss Jen claimed sighing tirelessly.

"Thank you, 10" We all replied as she walked out. Ash was by my side glaring at her cousin in disappointment.

Oh I'm sorry, I'm sure you are all confused as to what the hell is happening here, right? A lot can happen in the span of six weeks...six damn weeks.

Well I guess I can start by saying that Lily made it her personal goal to get Ej to fall utterly in love with her. What hurts the most is being almost completely certain that she succeeded.

"Got something to say Gina?" Lili asked throwing me discreet glares.

"What?" I snapped looking at back her while crossing my arms across my chest.

"It's like the 5th time I see you rolling your eyes since Miss Jen started talking to us, so do you have something to say?" She challenged taking a step towards me.

"Not to you no. Trust me, if I ever have something to tell you, you will know" I said coldly taking a step towards her not the least bit intimidated.

"And stop trying to pick a fight with me. I'm like 2 feet taller than you. It's pathetic" I finished glaring down at her.

"Gina that's enough" Ej intervene pulling Lily towards him in a protective gesture.

"I got better things to do then waste my time with her Ej" I retorted irritably glaring at him but I couldn't help the sadness that washed over me. Lily smirked proudly gripping his arm.

He took her side. He didn't even ask or wanted to know my side of the story. He chose her over me. Now that hurts. Because up until now he was Switzerland and now he is not. He chose sides and he chose the wrong side.

"And I'm sure your girlfriend can fend for herself  if she's the one trying to provoke me" I added scoffing angrily as I pushed past him and out of the theater.

I could hear heavy steps behind me, signaling a pretty disturbed Ej was following me out. I struck a nerve.

"what is your deal Porter?"  Ej questioned angrily glaring at me.

Now we're in last name basis? Great.

"My deal? My deal? Are you serious Ej? My deal is that one day you were one of my best friends and the next you iced me out of your life. At first I thought maybe you were having a bad day. That maybe your dad-" I sighed angrily before Ej interrupted rudely.

"Don't you dare talk about father. You can't talk about him because you wouldn't understand what it is like" He laughed dryly making me agape in utter shock and hurt.

"Right? Because I don't have a father. Because he left me and thought I wasn't worth the trouble to say goodbye too. Seems like a pattern with all the men in my life. Maybe it's about time that I fucking learn better" I scoffed in disgust, hot angry tears overwhelming my eyes and his eyes soften ever so slightly.

"Don't fucking talk to me ever again Caswell" I concluded glaring at him swallowing back the knot in the back of my throat.

  "I don't think that will be an issue here. Right baby?" Lily interrupted our argument by coming to stand next to him. He met my gaze and those icy blue eyes were swirling with emotions. I knew them all too well because my eyes were wordlessly saying the same.

"Even better" I replied indifferently walking away from them both. I kept walking until I was standing right in front of Ashlyn's doorstep.

By the time I checked my phone, I already had 4 missed calls from Ash and a couple from Miss Jen. I decided to send her Ash a short message:

++++

Me: I don't feel too well. I came home early. Cover for me pls.

Roomie: What happened?!

Me: I'll tell you when you get home.

Roomie: Ej just left rehearsals. Did you two fight again?

Me: A little more than that. I'm done. We're done. The friendship is over.

Roomie: WHAT?!!

Me: Ash I feel like a load bricks were just dumped over me. Pls just let me feel whatever it is that I need to feel.

Roomie: ok I'm sorry. I'm being insensitive. I'll be home soon. I'll buy ice cream and pizza on the way back.

Me: you're the best. thank you.

Roomie: I love you. It will be okay.

Me: I love you too. See you soon

Me: Ash?

roomie: Yes Gigi?

Me: Thank you for staying.

Roomie: Always...

++++

I laid in bed and cried. I cried until my sobs were nothing but silence. I cried until I couldn't physically cry anymore. I cried until it felt like I wasn't crying anymore.

That's what Ej Caswell did to me.

And I hate it that I can't hate him but what has being good ever done for me? But bring me pain and sorrow.

Hello #portwell fam,

I hope everyone is having an spectacular day. What do we think so far? What's your favorite line? Favorite moment? Let me know all things. And feel free to add any suggestions either in the comments or by directly messaging me.

With love always,

Bree