Chapter 3

Diego led me to a dorm room.

"Here's where you'll be staying. Got it?"

I squeezed my eyes shut. I wanted to explode. And I did. "No! I don't 'got' this! I have no idea why I'm here. I have no idea where Daisy or my family are. And I don't understand anything your father told me!"

Diego blinked. "Okay, well, first of all, take a good night's rest. My father's going to send elves to see if your family is okay. They'll also try to track down Daisy. About your powers, don't worry about them too much."

"Thanks. Sorry I yelled," I mumbled. I was so embarrassed.

Diegro flashed his charming smile again. "No problem. I get it. Also, you have two roommates. You'll meet them soon. I have to go now. But like my father said, make yourself at home."

"Wait!" I yelled, as he started to walk away. I realized I didn't know anything about him except his name. "What's your ability?"

"Geokinesis. Anyways, I'll see you around, Clover." He walked away. Afterwards, I knocked on the dorm door. A few seconds later, the door opened. Standing inside the room was a girl with flowy black hair, beautiful obsidian eyes, and flawless skin the colour of mocha.

"How can I help you?" she asked, while smiling brightly.

I had no idea, myself. "Um... I'm new here. I guess I'm your new roommate?"

The girl's eyes widened in excitement. "No way! Are you... Clover Southland!? I'm Zoey Pepperson."

I was surprised. "Hi! Yeah I am, but how did you know that?"

"What do you mean? You're so silly!" Zoey grinned, particularly jumping up and down.

I was so confused. "Do you know my parents? Are they famous here?"

"Your parents? No, you're famous," she replied.

Silence.

"What?"

"Everyone knows who you are! Come on in," Zoey answered, leaving me in complete confusion. I slowly walked in. There were two beds and one bunk bed. I didn't see anything on the one under the bunk bed, so I put my stuff down there.

"Lord Julian made this whole announcement about welcoming you here. You're like a superstar here."

"Oh, but why?" I wanted to know.

Zoey looked at me. It looked like she wanted to burst out laughing. "Clover, you're one of the rare elves who have more than one ability."

"Well, I just learned about them today," I said. Suddenly, the dorm room door opened. Standing in the hall was a girl with short blonde hair, parts of which were dyed purple.

"Hey," she said, coming inside. She nodded at me. "Who's this, Zoey?"

Zoey beamed and squealed. "Clover Southland! Our new roommate. Can you believe she's going to be staying with us?"

The girl eyed the bed my things had been thrown on. "Is that why her stuff is on my bed?"

Zoey looked over and widened her eyes. "Steph! She didn't mean to. I forgot to tell her."

I hurriedly removed my belongings. I could feel the girl (Steph) glaring at me.

"Just so you know, Clover. We do things differently here. Get used to it. If you cross me, I'll freeze you and everything you love." So she was cryokinetic.

"Guys," Zoey murmured quietly, looking worried.

"Welcome to Feather Crown, I guess," Steph continued, putting earphones in and jumping onto the bed.