Chapter 10

My eyes opened and I looked around. Diego, Parker, Zoey, and Zack were all scattered around on the floor, sleeping. What happened yesterday must have been a dream, right?

"No, then I wouldn't be here now." I whispered to myself, getting out of the coach I had been laid on. I looked out the window and saw Lord Julian tending to the garden. I carefully walked outside and waved to him.

"Good morning, Clover."

"Hello. Good morning to you, too," I smiled. "Lord Julian, did you mean what you said yesterday? About how I'm not related to..."

"Unfortunately, yes. I knew both Greyson and Nicholas very well. In fact, we were the best of friends. We called ourselves the GNJ trio. But, Nicholas mysteriously disappeared with your mother. Leaving you."

"Who's my mother?" I asked.

"You'll find out one day. I promise you, you'll know eventually. Just not now," he responded, looking far out at the distance.

"So why's The Cloaked looking for me?"

"Because you're powerful. More than you'll ever know. They have their pyrokinetic. Daisy. They probably have an aerokinetic, too. But you and my son are in danger. So don't blame the attack at Feather Crown on yourself."

"Diego? Why?"

At that moment, I heard footsteps from behind us. We turned around and I let out a sigh of relief. It was only Zack.

Lord Julian patted me on the shoulder. "Because he's geokinetic." He headed inside, afterwards.

Zack waved and bounced up to me.

"How was your sleep?" he asked. Zack was 14, only 2 years younger but he often acted like he was 10, which was adorable.

"It was good. Did I just fall on the ground yesterday?"

"Nope. Parker caught you."

I turned to him in disbelief. "Parker!?"

He changed the subject. "I'll help Lord Julian with breakfast. Come in when you're ready."

Once everyone had woken up and finished eating, Lord Julian announced he was going to prepare us for a mission.

"We need our very own aerokinetic. Bizaria Melville is one. She... used to be a Feather Crown prodigy, but left due to family reasons. After her loved one passed, she rebelled and ran away from home. If you guys can track her down, we'll have three elements on our side."