Chapter 17

Parker and I had got onto Liberty and she was now flapping her huge wings in the air. Diego whistled and the pegasus took off.

"Ohmygosh," I cried, hugging Liberty's neck tightly.

"Don't worry, Clover. And stop squeezing her," Parker told me. I obeyed and slowly released my firm grip.

"Huh. The view's great from up here." I could see massive green trees, lakes, waterfalls, and a small village with elves hustling about.

"I agree," Parker said simply. The rest of the ride was in silence and eventually, I began to take notice of Feather Crown's campus. Liberty began to decline and landed gracefully.

We hopped off and I gave her a long hug.

"Thanks Liberty, for flying so well," I murmured, not that she could understand me. The pegasus used her snout and pushed me forward, like she was gesturing me to go inside. With one final neigh, she took off, heading back to Lost Lagoon to pick up the Pepperson siblings.

"Where's Diego?" I inquired. He had teleported right after we took off.

"Right here," he said from behind me. I laughed when he walked over. "Come on guys, let's go in. Father's waiting for us in his office."

A day later, I started to attend classes again. Lord Julian told us to lay low for a while. That would give him time to form a new plan and to find out more about where Bizaria could be.

Zoey took a seat next to me in the cafeteria during Lunch. "Hey, how are you holding up?"

I sighed, "I'm fine. Thanks."

She looked towards the direction of Diego and frowned. "It's been one day since we returned and he's already back to his usual self."

"Zoey," I pleaded. "It's nothing personal." Although, I was sort of jealous of the girls who had flaunted to his table, prepped with gifts they had gotten for his arrival back.

"Then why are you gritting your teeth?" she asked.

I blinked. I hadn't noticed myself. One more girl sat down at the table and Diego looked pleased.

"If he smiles one more time at a girl, I'm going to scream," I grumbled.

"Because you find it so irresistible?"

I glared at Zoey. "Ha ha. Nice try."

Zoey shrugged at me. "It's no secret Diego has the most charming smile at Feather Crown. Maybe in the whole world."

Parker walked up with his lunch tray at that moment. He shot us a quizzical look. "Who has the most charming smile?"

"No one," Zoey and I replied at the same time, suddenly focusing on our food like it was the coolest, greatest thing ever.