Chapter 9

"I'm glad you made it here safe," Lord Julian said to us once we entered the cabin.

"What happened to everyone else?" I wanted to know.

Lord Julian answered, "They're back at the school. We've increased the security now. The Cloaked came but they didn't get what they wanted, so they left."

Zack asked, "What did they want, Principal Athen?"

"Me. They wanted me," I said at once. The room was silent, as the truth sank into everyone.

"Zack, do call me Lord Julian." he said, as he clapped his hands together. "Well, how about I tell you why they want you and your sister, Clover."

"Please do." I could tell everyone was exhausted, but I needed to know.

Lord Julian began to explain. "Decades ago, there were keys. One for each element. Water, air, fire, and earth. Four elves received these keys."

"My mom, Kitty Green, got the one for earth," Diego told us.

Lord Julian nodded. "The air one went to Bailey Melville, the fire to Greyson Southland, and the water to his brother Nicholas."

"Nicholas Southland? Is he my uncle? I've never heard of him, though," I said.

"You should have," he replied.

I looked down. "What are you saying?"

Lord Julian took a deep breath. "Greyson is who you've known as your father for your whole life. That was all planned. Greyson and Ophelia had Daisy and Fern. You're not their daughter, Clover. I'm sorry."

I was so caught off guard, I almost lost my balance. "No, but... what are you really saying?"

There was no way I wasn't related to Daisy, we looked too similar. I've known my parents were Greyson and Ophelia my whole life!

"You and Daisy aren't sisters. You're cousins."

"Father!" Diego exclaimed. I was so tired, I couldn't completely comprehend what he was saying. My eyes shut without my permission and before I knew what was happening, I fell.