Chapter 20

Seconds later, I was flying, I realized. I looked down and gulped.

Heights. My worst fear. Why did I ask him to lift me?

Parker had his eyes on me, since that was how telekinesis worked. I turned to face the brown-haired girl. She was floating in the sky, on a cloud, staring right into Daisy's glowing red eyes.

"What are you doing? Time for you to go," she hollered at Daisy. "You've caused enough destruction here."

"No, stop!" I yelped. Even though my cousin was under someone else's control, she was still my family member and I didn't want her to get hurt. Suddenly, a gush of air swept past me. It was headed towards Daisy, who was flying on her very own stormcloud. A ring of fire surrounded her, keeping her safe. The only thing the wind did to Daisy was cause her to lose her balance a bit.

"Who are you?" I asked the girl who was fighting alongside me.

She stared at me. "I think we have bigger things to worry about." Then, she turned her attention back to my cousin.

"And you should be worried," a bold voice said from all around us.

"Who..." I started.

"Everyone has a nightmare, and we're about to be your worst ones," Daisy snarled, her lips moving. Except it wasn't her voice that came out, it was deeper. Like a man's.

The girl beside me widened her eyes in horror. "Forgive me for this," she muttered under her breath. She moved closer to me, looked me in the eye, and pushed me.

I fell... down, down, down.

My voice let out one loud, pleading cry. I was heading right into the ground at such a speed, I couldn't do anything to stop it. Squeezing my eyes shut, I braced myself for the impact. But instead of falling on the ground, I landed... in someone's arms.

I peaked my eyes open and raised my head. "Parker?"

He kept his gaze steady on me, until there was a large thud from around us. I looked up and pushed myself out of Parker's arms.

Beside me, someone flew up to the sky. Everything suddenly became a blur as I felt the ground shake, the trees sway roughly, and Daisy... falling.

"No!" I screamed, trying to reach her, but was stopped by Parker.

"She'll be fine. You did your part."

I glared at Parker in disbelief. How could he be so calm? But I guess he was partially right as Daisy teleported away before she even hit the ground. She was more powerful than I've ever known.

Slowly, the two figures left in the sky began to descend. The one who had previously flown by me was now recognizable as Diego. When he noticed me, I threw myself around him in a big hug.

"Thank you," I whispered. For coming for me, helping me, and most of all, trusting me.

He returned the embrace and when we parted, he turned to the brunette girl, and flashed his signature grin. The one that anyone would faint over, including me. Except, it didn't seem to faze the girl in front of us.

Diego nodded at her. "Nice seeing you again. Bizaria."

~ End Of Story 1 ~