Chapter 12

"Hey, you okay?" Diego asked me, when I walked into the cabin after blowing up on Parker.

"Not in the slightest'' was my response. I hurriedly grabbed my bag and my clothes. Zoey had just come out of the washroom and surveyed the scene. Before I could make it out the door, both Diego and Zoey grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going?" they chorused.

I removed my arms from their grip. "Ask Parker." I opened the door and slammed right into someone. Of course, it was Mr. Annoying himself.

"Hey..."

"No, stop talking, Parker. I'm leaving," I said confidently, pushing my way past him. I looked around and saw no sight of Lord Julian. The coast was clear.

"Wait, stop! You can't just leave," Zoey cried. Diego nodded.

"And yet... I still am," I replied, preparing myself to teleport. I didn't know where I needed to go but I guess I just thought of one place that was obvious.

Bring me to where Daisy is.

I was spinning, again. I landed in front of a tree. It wasn't just any tree, it was a willow. I carefully looked around. I did it. I left them.

I was just someone who put all my friends in danger and no matter how much I despised Parker at the moment, I didn't want him to get hurt because of me. Or any of the others. Something, or someone, tapped my shoulder. I spun around and found myself facing my sis... my cousin. I wanted to hug her but I was also extremely cautious. After my last encounter with her, who knows which version of Daisy she was?

"Clover?" her little voice asked. I saw her eyes were light blue.

"It's me," I smiled. She leaped towards me and we gave each other a big hug.

Daisy suddenly looked warily around us. "You can't be here for long. It's not safe. There are these people who transform me into an evil version of myself. They can do that to you."

"You mean The Cloaked?" I wondered.

My cousin shrugged. "Yes and no. The Cloaked are the ones who took me and brought me to this dark castle. But the one that takes control over me is someone completely different."

I whispered, "Do you know who it is?"

"No I don't. But it's a man. And... he told me some... things."

"What?" I urged.

"Um. He said we aren't sisters, Clover." Daisy's face softened as she looked up at me. "But I don't believe him."

I sighed, relief filling my body. At least I wasn't the one who broke the news to her.

"Daisy, it's true. Your dad... isn't my dad. He's my uncle. I learned about it, too."

Daisy gaped up at me. "But..."

"I know, I was just as surprised as you were. In fact..."

A loud crash from around us stopped me mid-sentence.

Daisy pushed herself away from me. "It's not safe, Clover. Go back to where you came from. Stay away from me. Far away."

"No I can't! Daisy!" I exclaimed as the gap between us grew bigger.

"Promise me," she begged.

I took a huge breath. "Fine, Daisy. I promise."

She nodded at me and blew me a kiss. "Take care."

We both knew that someone was listening. Secretly, we also knew I wasn't going to stay away for long.