Chapter 16 - Anniversary

"My lady." Diluc bowed, reaching a gloved hand to take y/n's palm into his to guide her out of the carriage.

He was wearing a beautifully tailored black suit complemented by a golden tie and his hair had been braided before falling into a high pony tail at the hands of y/n herself. But what suited him the most, was the smile painted across his face as he looked up to the woman he loves.

"Thank you master Diluc." She winked, lifting her golden gown up as to not catch it on the step when she climbed out of the cart.

It had been a whole year since the favonious ball where Diluc first kissed her, and they had both agreed to come back, this time linked arm in arm and unashamed to let eachother know how important they were.

Diluc's heat and y/n's electricity made them a very explosive pairing and everyone around them could feel it. They were without a doubt the most glamorous there tonight, everyone turned their heads when they saw them enter the cathedral, Kaeya almost spat out his wine.

"Well if it isn't the happy couple, didn't expect to see you here again Diluc, I guess y/n must be either very important to you or very good in bed." Kaeya glided over having a little too much to drink already.

Unfazed by her friends behaviour, she felt Diluc tense up a little so reached up to kiss him on the cheek in an attempts to calm him, which as usual, worked a little bit. They had only just made up, so it would be helpful if Diluc didn't murder him in front of all the knights of favonius.

Kaeya, noticing Diluc's anger, began to laugh, before informing the two that he was only joking, and announcing that he was 'off to find that bard who was smuggling in some ancient tonic to make the wine stronger.'

Diluc placed a kiss upon her hand before departing aswell, this was a very important business night for him, and he had lots of people to meet before the dance begun. So in turn, y/n went over to Amber and Eula who were by the stage laughing with eachother.

"There she is, the man the myth the legend!" Amber yelled, wrapping her arms around y/n, hiccuping every 5 seconds or so, clearly having already drunk more than she should have, "doing any singing this year y/n?"

Y/n giggled to mask her embarrassment and strictly informed Amber that she would most certainly not be singing this year and was still recovering from the embarrassment, "besides, you have a new partner in crime." She added, winking at the beautiful blue haired lady to the side of her.

*****
The night continued at a slow pace for a while, y/n tried to ease her self into drinking and not go overboard like the others had, and watched from a far as Diluc greeted all kinds of elegant gentlemen and women alike. One poticular man stood out to her. He had brown hair but the tips were tinted Amber and was dressed head to toe in the most luxurious brown suit she had ever seen. He definitely looked like someone who knew how to handle mora.

It wasn't until Venti wobbled onto the stage when she finally met up with Diluc again, he looked slightly exhausted from all the socialing but as soon as he saw y/n his face picked up immediately.

"Would you do me the honour?" She beamed, offering Diluc both her hands and gesturing to the crowd of people already dancing. Which he hesitantly took but agreed non the less.

They swayed and danced with the crowd for a while, y/n leaning her head into Diluc's shoulder, his hands firm on her waist which even now, still caused her body to tense up like she was a teenager again.

"You know my love, the taverns empty." Diluc whispered in her ear as they danced. He suddenly felt very tall against her and she had to grip on to him a little tighter to keep her composure.

"...and you are looking particularly sexy tonight." He whispered, his voice low and dangerous, placing a gentle kiss on the spot where her jaw met her neck. "How would you feel about leaving early and-" He stopped himself from fishing his sentence, and instead moved his hands to y/n's shoulders until subtly, so nobody noticed but her, pulled the strap of her dress off exposing her skin to his kiss.

She moved her head to look at him, her eyes daring as she did, and pulled their
body's closer together, hoping to get a reaction from Diluc due to the sudden friction, which he did not disappoint.

Oblivious to anyone around them, he hoisted y/n up onto his shoulder and left for the cathedral door, ignoring the fact that everyone who had attended the ball had stopped what they were doing to stare at them both due to y/n's hysterical laughter as she gripped on as tight as she could to her partner.

It was cold outside, so Diluc made his was to the tavern as quickly as he could and leant y/n against the door while he fumbled for his keys.

******