Chapter 23

They all looked up as the flames came towards them and Isabelle asked what was going on as she arrived in the meadow once again.

"War" Bella replied bitterly.

"But no one's fighting" She adamantly told her looking around to see the same crowd.

"Shh don't tell them that" She said with a wink watching the other side fight with the ghosts.

"How?" She asked interested and Alec pointed out the marks on the ground.

"I've never seen them in my life" She confessed

"That Book that Me & Jace found was a the book of the War marks actually does what it says in the name" Alec explained

"So what they're not actually fighting anyone" Isabelle asked nervously expecting them to break through

"No" Alec said bluntly hoping that Jace stayed out of this one and his parabati mark was feeling funny this was never a good sign.

"Izzy, my ma-" He toppled over on to the floor and Izzy crouched down next to him panicking yelling as she watched her brother Pass out and Bella cursed rolling his shirt up and carving something on her hand mutter obscenities at the carelessness.

It glowed red before she pressed it to the black lines that were coming out of the mark. Watching the infected lines retreat waiting a second before removing it and jumping over him covering Izzy only managing to give a five second warning about the danger before everything went red.

****

Jonathan watched in interest as the battle was being won, rather easily than he expected but then again his father had trained them well. He happily wondered between them all or he was happy until he was blown backwards by the beam of red light then watched all the shadow hunters they had been fighting disappear to see them all within a boundary of a temporary glamour. Infuriated by the fact he had been tricked he didn't care who it was he hurt no more he wanted them all dead.

Laila saw the danger coming from the other side and manipulated the nearby lake. Magnus had protected her from the main blast and disappeared. The wave came crashing over the land sideways taking everyone by surprise including Jonathan who leapt back for a second before wading towards them then on hearing the rumble he didn't have time to tell them to get out of the water as the lightening bolt struck it.

She moved slowly towards Bella who yelped as she was gently shocked by her friend and they both hugged it out before she punched her in the arm.

"OK I deserve that one" Bella admitted ducking as a blade almost skimmedI her head and then followed two more punches which she accepted with a slight yelp.

After dispatching the enemy that was attacking her, Bella surveyed the scene around her which was complete destruction and as Jonathan had predicted the Shadow Hunters were losing badly. Every where she looked they were falling and she saw him looking at the scene as well. They caught the others eye before she took a threatening step towards him, he bolted and his soldiers didn't batter an eyelid. something was coming. something big.

Laila on the other hand had moved away from her friend or frenemy as she fondly called her as it always happened they were on different sides. She had reached her father once again and he looked reassured briefly but it didn't hold that emotion for very long before he had rejoined the battle. she looked around noticing that Jonathan still wasn't here and caught the wisp of blonde hair skirting tree line grabbing Bella as she ran past heading towards where she had seen him run.

"Where are you taking me women?" Bella moaned as she was missing out on the battle, the one thing she was good at and she couldn't be a part of it. she was so preoccupied moaning that she ran into Laila's outstretched hand holding her back and silent, there was a lot of arguing.

"JACE" They both heard him sneer and saw him turn to face him as they dove into a nearby bush muttering the name to the blade waiting in chill of silence for the first one to make a move.

"Sebastian" He commented back the pleasantries.

"Here to challenge me?"