Chapter 17

Bella had hated portals ever since Jonathan had opened one when they were 9 without telling their father on Halloween night and when they had both been hunting for the sweets,she had seen one through a mystical window and went inside and collected the sweet and was about to return back through when Jonathan smiled and it closed for nearly an hour before it was reopened by Valentine who wasn't impressed and launched into a lecture about how a shadowhunter never let their guard down and it was clear Jonathan had had a slap for his mischief but Bella was going to follow her father out of the room when there was a resounding slap and Valentine came back into the room the see Jonathan was standing eyeing up Bella, His black eyes watching her as he exited the room barging past his father who was shocked and surprised to see his children fighting.

Bella was relieved to find that they had arrived and she was sure Tessa was paying close attention to her but she couldn't help but sigh with happiness as the countryside spread out in front of her, the white flower they used for funerals was blooming in clumps all over the field and the rest of the field was covered in Dande Lily's, another plant only found in Idris, Tessa also sighed and Jem put his arm around her shoulders and she smiled. Bella almost puked and had to try very hard to hold it in. Jem gave a glance in Bella's direction to make sure she hadn't run off and began walking through the centre of the field in the direction of Alicante which they could see in the distance.

"We will reach it by Early Afternoon" Jem told them

"Yes I will meet you there" Bella replied and walked through the field at a quickened pace not bothering to wait for a answer.

" She reminds me of Will, cocky and does the opposite of what you say" Jem said with a sigh

" Will is happy and so should you especially as you know this is my first visit to Idris" Tessa reminded him

" Yes I know" Jem told her and as she smacked his hand away from her shoulders and ran down through the field as Je!m chasd