Chapter 11

Laila remembered vaguely hearing the door opening, then watching them thrust someone in quite violently and trying to see who it was. Her heart leapt.

"Jace is that you?" She asked

"Sorry to disappoint you it Alec, Laila " Alec said with a laugh

"OMG is dad alright?, Tessa? Jem?, Wait a minute why are you here?" Laila questioned him making Alec relate what had happened but at the end of what he thought was a good story.

"You could of just given me your hand Alec" She told him

"You to are so stupid those shadow runes are highly powerful they could burn human and shadowhunter skin the only people who meant to use them are warlocks you are so lucky you didn't use any" She gasped as Alec rolled up his sleeve and there was this little  scar  which she could make out from the last light of day.

"No one has ever survived them except that means, oh god you are of-" Alec never heard the rest of that sentence because she was yanked viciously of her cell.

Bella knew what was going to happen when Laila arrived back to this room that was probably why Valentine had sent Jonathan down to get her not herself and probably because Alec was down there to, she had seen Alec injured on the floor unconscious from the bright light  as he lay on the floor where father had landed and she was instructed to fix him and to put him down with Laila but she couldn't do it quick enough so she was slapped quite hard and fell to the floor.

Laila looked quite well for someone who had spent time in this dungeons. Her emotions did not give her away today as the sky was calm and Valentine had taken his place in his chair with his children flanking him on their designated sides.

"Last time you sliced my face after my children so foolishly forgot to disarm you" Valentine started

"What will you do this time?" He challenged her but she stood her ground her eyes following his movements.

"I have just encountered your little friends and your father who was sick with worry, shame really" Valentine sighed as he looked out the window at the sky that was a slight darker shade of white, he wasn't getting the response he wanted.

"My Shax demon bit more than he could chew with your labrynth friend what's her name? Ah, Tessa of course, shame really that you won't be able to see her or any of your friends..... again"

That was it Laila tried but it was to late the thunder rumbled and she desperately tried to conceal it. Valentine smiled.

"God damn that Warlock and his friends, kill them all" Valentine said to a man who appeared out of thin air.

A scream came from Laila as the lightening cracked outside she rose and it shattered all the glass windows making Jonathan flinch but he didn't move but Valentine never moved one inch. Laila fell towards the floor and Jonathan then launched himself of the platform running towards her and jumping  catching her as she was about to hit the wooden floor. He lay her down carefully

"Jonathan this is why your sister never has sleepovers go and get someone to clean up the mess and move her back to the cell" Valentine interrupted Jonathan argument with a quick dismissal, he scooped up Laila in his arms and carried her out and then turned his attention to Bella who was rigid with fear.

"Bella go check on the other prisoner " Valentine instructed her to do which she followed obediently.

Valentine smiled and retired to his room and for bayed anyone to disturb him because he needed to know what to do with Bella she was becoming a nuisance, he pondered to return her to her twin brother or keep her but her power was the main reason to keep her. decisions. decisions.