𝟎𝟏𝟎. right option, wrongly performed

· 。゚☆: *.☽
V I S I Q U E V I O L E T

☽▎V I S I Q U E     V I O L E T   ▎

· 。゚୧ ⋆. 𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡,
𝗪𝗥𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗟𝗬 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗘𝗗. ₊˚.༄
ACT TWO  ━━━  CHAPTER TEN,
it's gonna be okay, i promise

"𝓔leven Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria last month. The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos when the attack occurred." A female reported said.

King T'Chaka of Wakanda appeared on the TV screen as he spoke about the attack, "Our people's blood is spilled in foreign soil . . . not only because of the actions of criminals but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent is no victory at all."

"The Wakandan king went on to-" The woman was cut off when Steve Rogers pressed the pause button on the remove, making the screen freeze.

Steve turned his head around when he heard a male reporter speak from another TV, "They are operating outside and above the international law. Because that's the reality, if we don't respond to acts like these."

Lucrecia Maximoff sat on her bed, watching the news about the damage she's done with her head resting on her hand. "What legal authority does an enhanced individual like Lucrecia Maximoff have to operate in Nigeri-"

The TV was turned off, Lucrecia took a deep breath but didn't look to see who did it since she already knew.

Steve crossed his arms and leaned against the doorway, staring at Lucrecia. He knew that she was blaming herself but he didn't believe that it was her fault, she lost control but it wasn't her fault that she did.

"It's my fault," the Maximoff girl spoke up, still not looking at the blond male.

He shook his head, "That's not true."

"Really? Turn the TV back on, they're being very specific." She finally looked at him, Steve lowered his head, not wanting to look at her expression.

"I should've clocked that bomb vest long before you had to deal with it. Rumlow said "Bucky" . . . and all of a sudden I was a 16-year-old kid again, in Brooklyn." He said, walking up to her and sitting beside her on the bed.

Lucrecia shook her head, sighing. "I had two options  . . .  and I chose the right one but I failed." She said, gesturing to the two options that she could've done. One, place a force field on herself and Steve and still kill the people around them or two, to do what she did but instead of losing control and blowing up a building, she was able to contain him without hurting the citizens of Lagos.

She smacked her lips together, "I just- I just lost control, I don't know why but I did."

"It wasn't your fault that you lost control. People die every day, but it was on me." Steve blamed himself, looking at her.