No one said it would be easy

"YOU SAVED ME!" Chase cried out joyfully when the police unlocked the door to his holding room. "you guys are amazing." Holly and I smiled.

"It was basically all Roxy." Holly said, giving me a mischievous look. I don't know how she knew I liked Chase. Was it seriously that obvious?! I tried to keep the smile on my face as I watched Chase take a step towards me. I couldn't do it anymore. My smile dropped and I glared at my crush. My cool, funny, evil, crush. Chase noticed my cold face and stopped.

"Roxy? Whats-"

"Why did you do it?" I growled at him, sounding almost like Kaylin had.

"Do what?" Chase's face fell.

"I talked to your sister." I said flatly, and Chase suddenly understood. He didn't even ask me how.

"I still regret it." he looked at the floor. "I couldn't bear to talk about her. I wasn't thinking! I-"

"ITS YOUR FAULT!" I yelled at him. "YOUR FAULT ADA IS DEAD, YOUR FAULT LUKE IS DEAD! YOUR FAULT THAT THIS WHOLE DISASTER IS HAPPENING!!!" I turned and ran down the hall.

"Roxy!" Chase called after me. I didn't turn back. I needed some time.

***

"He really is sorry." Holly sat down next to me on my bed. I didn't even bother to ask her how she got into my room.

"He's worried you don't like him anymore. Do you?"

"I don't know. If I die, its his fault. If you die, its his fault."

"Well if you don't like him anymore then your gonna have to choose Boris."

"What do you mean?" I lifted my head and stared at Holly.

"Boris likes you. And if you don't like Chase anymore Boris will come after you." 

"I don't want Boris to like me."

"You don't really have a choice."

"I don't have to like him back."

"Roxy, that's not the point. Chase likes you. A lot. He made a stupid mistake. He's been through a lot."

"And I like him. But I- don't know what to do!"

"Well whatever you do- don't choose-" Holly and I exchanged a knowing glance and cried out-

"BORIS!!!"

"Never!" I laughed. "Boris looks like a puffer fish in blue jeans and his IQ is the equivalent of a wet noodle!" we laughed for a minute about Boris, but then I started to think. Holly was right. It wasn't Chase's fault. I stood up.

"Where are you going?" Holly asked.

"To talk to Chase." I walked down the hall to his room and knocked on his door.

"Chase?" I said softly. "Its Roxy! Please let me in. I'm sorry!" no answer. I put my hand on the door knob and pulled it open slowly. It was unlocked. I peeked in and gasped at the sight before me. Chase was cowering on his bed tears splashing his comforter. His eyes were pits of pure horror. And floating in front of him was Kaylin. I watched in terror as Kaylin let out a long wail and lunged for Chase's throat.

"KAYLIN NOOOOOOO!" I screamed. Kaylin and Chase both turned to me. The ghosts face twisted in hatred as she recognized me.

"YOU!" she roared.

"You." I said flatly, holding her gaze.

"ROXY!" Chase choked. I ran into the room.

"Your just in time!" Kaylin snarled.