chapter : two

surprisingly, it didn't take long for katsuki to become comfortable around izuku.

of course, he'd scratch izuku if he'd gotten too close to his stomach or tail. but otherwise, he seemed to enjoy izuku's company.

izuku noticed that whenever he'd be injured by katsuki, the cat would bring him a 'gift'. it was almost like katsuki felt bad. so, he would get izuku a bug he found and killed and drop them on or around izuku's face as he slept.

he would always wake up with a jolt, shivering with disgust as he secretly disposed of the dead bug. izuku was utterly disgusted yet katsuki would have big round eyes as he bought them to izuku. he couldn't be upset in the slightest.

one day, katsuki had scratched izuku so badly that he'd begun to bleed after he'd reached katsuki a bit too quickly.

"damn it," izuku cursed quietly, running off into the bathroom before blood could drip anywhere. he then quickly cleaned the cut before wrapping it up in a bandage.

once he left the bathroom, katsuki was nowhere to be found.

"katsuki?" izuku asked, walking back to his couch. katsuki didn't respond or come running back. it was silent. izuku only hummed, sitting down. katsuki would come soon.

minutes turned into an hour. izuku was growing worried, he got up from his couch only to be met with katsuki slowly walking back up to him, something in his mouth.

"katsuki where were you?" izuku asked, smiling as he kneeled at katsuki's level. katsuki only dropped the dark grey lump onto the wooden floor, looking up at izuku with big eyes.

izuku flinched as he recognized the lump. it was a grey rat, katsuki killed it and brought it inside. "katsuki! where did you get that?!" he asked, frightened.

katsuki only meowed softly before laying down on the floor near the rat, grooming his paws.

this must've been another one of his gifts. it was the biggest one he'd gotten, he must've felt extremely bad about hurting izuku this time.

izuku went to his kitchen to grab a pair of gloves, using them to pick the dead animal up and throw it away. he shivered with disgust as he did so, throwing the trash into his outside bin, hoping to forget it.

he walked back in to see katsuki staring at him from the couch, big red eyes dilated to dark pools as he stared. izuku smiled at the sight, his heart melted, and katsuki looked utterly adorable.

izuku carefully sat down next to katsuki on the couch, the kitten quickly crawled onto his lap, curling into a ball.

katsuki was acting a bit more affectionate than usual, izuku took note of that. it'd been more than a week since he'd adopted katsuki, his birthday was nearing. to be exact, katsuki was going to turn two in two days, according to his paperwork. it'd be the first birthday izuku would be spending with the cat. truly, izuku didn't know why the auburn-haired girl was stressed about his birthday so much. izuku simply thought that the girl just cared for her animals a lot.

"are you excited about your birthday, kacchan?" izuku asked, giving katsuki a nickname. it was cute, just like katsuki. the blond cat's ears perked up as he heard it before meowing happily, nudging izuku's hand, silently telling him to pet his head.

izuku smiled, ruffling katsuki's fluffy fur. he took the meow as a yes as they sat on the couch for another hour. izuku watched the television while katsuki fell asleep on his lap, preventing him from moving once again.

the next day went about the same, minus the scratching and the dead rat. izuku had much free time since he'd been advised a vacation from work since he'd been coming in every single day for five months straight. his advisers were growing worried for him, telling him that everything would be under control while he was gone.