stay

It felt like forever. Just standing there, staring into each other's eyes. I don't know why I couldn't just leave. Forget about meeting him and just let him be, but he was always on my mind. He's beautiful. The richness of his deep brown eyes that contrasted with his almost translucent pale skin. I couldn't find a single flaw on the outside, despite all he probably had going on inside.

The look in his eye. He might say otherwise but his eyes yearned for something, it wasn't all nothingness. There was more.

He wanted this and I knew it, but he didn't want to believe that something other than his drugs could give him the release he was constantly chasing after.

He shook his head and pulled out of my grasp, but I grabbed his wrist with no intentions of letting go.

"Stay. That's all I'm asking. Give this a chance," I begged.

He looked down at his shoes and back up at me.

He swiftly walked over to me and in one movement his lips were pressed down on mines.

I kissed him back.

They were hard, cracked, and cold. I don't know what I felt, I don't even know if I felt anything. We just stood there, our lips entwined as if it would keep our worlds from crashing. It wasn't so much that we wanted to do it, but we needed to. I wasn't going to dwell on it though because this one action told me everything I needed it to.

It said that he would stay.