제이크 ☾

3rd person pov

another piece of origami paper was picked up by a young girl in her teen years.

lee eunbin

she made use of the origami paper and folded it into a paper crane.

this was her 10th origami paper used.

well, wonder why she has a weird addiction with making at the minimum 15 paper cranes daily?

it all started when she was in elementary school..

*flashback* when she was in australia

a young boy panted as he ran his way towards a young girl.

"eunbin-ah! i apologise for being late, my mom made me do the dishes before leaving the house. my apologies for keeping you waiting.."

"jakey it's fine ! i understand. so you requested me to meet up at our local park.. is there any news that you would like to inform me?"

jake began fidgeting around. unsure whether he would want to spit out this piece of devastating news to his best friend...

"before i spit out the news, pinky pinky promise me that we'll stay as best friends or close friends forever and ever.. please?"

eunbin raised her eyebrows due to what jake has just said.

"what is this nonsense? of course! why wouldn't we stay together as best friends?"

he then sigh before continuing.

"well so you see.. my parents informed me about this and it's a piece of news that will 100% leave both of us... devastated."

"i-i mean.. it can't be that bad right? aight, just spit it out! don't wanna keep me waiting.."

"my family and i are moving back to korea due to business problems..."

eunbin was utterly speechless. her mind couldn't process the sentence that came out of jake's mouth.

"b-but... why? why can't you stay here in australia?"

she said while her voice cracked. tears were preparing to flow out of her eyes in no time.

"like i said, it's due to business purposes. eunbin-ah, trust me. in the beginning when my parents had just informed me about it, i immediately opposed and tried to persuade them to let me continue my life here in australia... but i couldn't do anything, i was forced to agree with whatever they said"

jake said while drops of tears began to flow out of his eyes.

"i'm sorry eunbin... i really am.. i'm sorry i couldn't do anything more to convince them to allow me to stay here.."

his palm was interlocking mine

a tiny smile plastered on her face as she said her following words.

"jakey-ah it's okay. don't blame yourself for something you shouldn't be sorry of. i 100% understand.."

"when are you going back to korea?"

"in 2 days..."

"alrighty, then.. let's make the most out of it in this 2 days! let's hang out with each other as much as possible so nothing is missed out on!"

"aight, let's start our adventure!"

in the 2 days, both of the young kids appreciate each other's company before one of them had to go. they smiled and laughed together the whole time. before they knew, the end was awaiting..