니키 ☾

kang subin's pov

"class class, quiet down."

the voice of our dance teacher spoke strictly as we all toned down our voices.

"attention to all students in this room right now, please listen carefully to my following words."

"i will be pairing every single one of you guys in this class for a dance duo project. i'll call out names of each pair and please find your partner."

"choi rayeon and park jongseong"

"kim haseo and lee heeseung"

the list went on until i heard my name getting mentioned..

"last but not least.. kang subin and nishimura riki"

nishimura riki.. the ace of the dance club

nervous and uneasy thoughts rushed thru my mind. i mean, i don't mind being paired up with him.. but when it comes to dancing, he's extremely strict and focused.

if one mistake is made by me, i'm done for it

i'm not horrible at dancing, it's my passion and i put in effort and lots of hard work, but i'm 100% not on the same level as him.

i felt a presence of someone sitting beside me. i turned my head to only be met by the partner i was assigned to be in a pair with.

"hi, you're kang subin right?"
the boy questioned.

"uh... hi, and yes i'm kang subin. i'm assuming you're nishimura riki?"

"correct."

our small conversation got cut off my our dance teacher, ms kim.

"attention everyone. i'll now be explaining the instructions and criteria of this project."

"you'll be allowed to pick any kpop song you desire. make up your mind and decision with your partner. once your decision is made, please visit me in this dance room and fill up this form i'm holding."

she holds up a clipboard with the form in her hands.

"the deadline to fill this form is in 1 week. the project deadline is in 2 weeks. be prepared, this holds 80% of your grade for your examination. i expect to see excellent teamwork and cooperation."

"thank you everyone for listening, good luck. with all due respect, you may be dismissed."

we all stood up from our places and bowed as a sign of respect.

"subin-ah, what song would you like to dance to for this project?"

"do you wanna dance to a boy group song? because i feel like it'll be slightly awkward if we're going to dance to a girl group one.."
i questioned him.

"sure, which song do you recommend?"

"uh.. what about.. kick it by nct 127? i love the vibe of that song."

"good choice. we'll use that then. i'll go now, bye subin-ah!"

he waved his hands and walked out of the dance room.

of course, i waved back too. i picked up my dance bag and immediately went home.

_____________________