YESTERDAY'S LETTER

08-06-21

Inside the black and empty room I still manage to rummage my old stuff.

And then I found a piece of paper...

... small yet a powerful one.

It has a few words...definitely a clichè words. But what made it powerful? Because it was your handwritten.

How ironic that I found my yesterday's story as a tragic one but the truth is, it was very nostalgic.

The night when you called, when you already had a gut to say a words from your mouth and tried to stop hiding a piece of paper on my stuff. I was sure that I will answer you. I was sure how will answer you...and maybe, how I will end up the night having a conversation with you. I'm just waiting.

Waiting you to repeat the certain and logic words that you've said.

But you didn't.

And maybe I was so heartless when I didn't recognize the genre of your voice...the meaning of every figurative or ridiculous words that you've always wanted to tell. That in every tease it was a compliment, in every laugh it was an appreciation, and in every call it was a confession. But I just made it a words and not a feelings.

And now...I'm longing for it.

I miss what I've missed that season.

And here I am...reading your words for me when I was afraid to look to everyone...afraid of being hurt again. Asking myself, "Why I didn't notice that you were there?"

_____________________

🦋