Characters (Finn's story)

Since the Last Jedi follows three separate storylines for each of the three leads, I will be covering the characters by subplot:

FN-2187/Finn

FN-2187/Finn

Recovering from the injuries he sustained at the hands of Kylo Ren, Finn is now outfitted with a cybernetic spine that allows him to walk again. however during his time sleeping in the bacta tank he sees visions of Rey and Kylo, hinting at his force sensitivity. Finn is assigned on a mission to go with Maz and the Crimson Corsair's crew by head of intelligence General Ematt to rendezvous with a member of NRI named DJ, an ex-boyfriend of Maz's and expert codebreaker who may be their lead in discovering the truth behind why the First Order is going from planet to planet abducting children. Finn takes this mission personally, since he was taken from his family conscripted into the First Order as a child and doesn't want other children to go through what he had to go through. Finn and the pirates end up finding DJ laying low at a swanky nightclub in the seedy lower levels of Coruscant (level 1313 to be specific) run by Jabba's son Rotta the Hutt. however DJ ends up selling Finn and the pirate crew out to the First Order with them being hunted down by Phasma and Company 77 who capture them and take them as prisoners aboard the Supremacy where they are ready to be executed by executioner troopers. however DJ ends up having a change of heart and shoots the Executioner troopers saving Finn, Maz, and the Corsair's crew while Finn hacks into the First Order's bridge computer and delivers a broadcasted speech to all the Stormtroopers aboard the Supremacy revealing the truth to them that they've all been brainwashed by the First Order and that they've all been brainwashed, leading to a massive Stormtrooper uprising with Company 77 turning against Phasma and the loyalist stormtroopers. Finn fights against Phasma one-on-one wielding the electric baton of a fallen stormtrooper, however he is easily bested by Phasma and pinned to the ground. being so close to death ends up triggering Finn's latent force abilities as he pulls the baton back into his hand to smack Phasma upside the head knocking her helmet off where she is captured by Company 77 and locked into a cell aboard the Supremacy (we're sparing her in this rewrite) allowing Finn along with the pirates and renegade Stormtroopers to escape to the planet Crait below for the final battle where he leads Company 77, DJ, and the pirates in ski speeders. Finn flies straight toward the battering ram cannon ready to sacrifice himself, however Jannah in her ski speeder pushes Finn out of the way telling Finn not to throw away his life so recklessly as he needs to be alive to lead the rogue stormtroopers of Company 77 and be the beacon of hope for their brothers and sisters still kept in the dark by the First Order's indoctrination so that one day they all can be freed. oh, and Finn and Rey kiss upon reuniting. at the end, Luke takes Finn under his wing as his second padawan along with the force-sensitive children to start his new Jedi order.