Characters (Poe's story)

Since the Last Jedi follows three separate storylines for each of the three leads, I will be covering the characters by subplot:

Poe Dameron

After the events of my Force Awakens rewrite, the Republic Navy's recent victory against the Starkiller has made Poe extremely cocky. At the beginning of this rewrite Poe leads an attack on the Supremacy to rescue the kidnapped Chancellor Villecham, with every X-wing, Y-wing, and A-wing joining in on the attack, Poe being aided by the Tico sisters: ace A-wing pilot Rose Tico and ace Y-wing pilot Paige Tico as they attack the dreadnought to keep it distracted while Republic troops infiltrate the vessel, arrest Hux, and rescue the Chancellor. it is a race against the clock as General Hux is holding the Chancellor up at gunpoint holding him up for ransom, threatening to kill the Chancellor if the Republic fleet don't surrender. however things go horribly wrong when Poe decides to be a reckless idiot trying to be a show-off which ends up getting several pilots killed including Paige Tico, which makes Rose hate Poe for getting her sister killed. this leads to General Leia demoting Poe, extremely disappointed in him for his reckless behavior. Poe begins to feel extremely guilty for this, especially after getting demoted by the woman he looked up to all his life. made worse when the First Order attack Leia's flagship MC85 star cruiser the Alderaan, leading to General Leia getting injured in the attack forcing her to be rushed to the infirmary where she dies of her injuries and gives a heartfelt goodbye to both Poe and her daughter Connie. during the memorial held for Leia aboard the Alderaan, Poe tells the story of how his parents fought in the battle of Endor and laid down their lives so that the rebellion could defeat the empire and bring peace to the galaxy which orphaned him as a child, which led to Leia taking him in and becoming a surrogate mother to him, the sacrifices his parents made were what inspired Poe to become an X-wing pilot for the new republic so that he can help protect that peace his parents died for. after Leia's passing Admiral Ackbar is elected the new leader of the Republic fleet, and Poe does not get along with the Mon Calamari admiral at all. Ackbar is far more strict and overbearing than Leia was, and he does not take kindly to Poe's rash nature. Ackbar is also withholding information from the rest of the Alderaan's crew, which makes Poe especially suspicious of him. this leads to Poe, Nien Nunb, the rest of Black Squadron, Connie, and Rose staging a mutiny on Ackbar. we then learn that Ackbar's reason for withholding information on his plan is because he believes that there is a spy in the First order. Poe's X-wing and Rose's A-wing both fight alongside the falcon in the battle of Crait, tag-teaming against a fleet of TIE fighters. Rey, Finn, and Poe all share a group hug upon reuniting.

 Rey, Finn, and Poe all share a group hug upon reuniting