4 (part 2)

Beomgyu knew exactly where to find Yeonjun. It had been years since he last visited this place and it was safe to say he was nervous.

'Remember the way you made me feel
Such young love but-'

Yeonjun would always come here when something was bothering him, which was rare to see since he was such a happy soul.

'Something in me knew that it was real
Frozen in my head... '

His love, his passion, his blood, sweat and tears - everything was associated with his dream.

'Pictures I'm living through for now,
Trying to remember all the good times..'

Dancing. His dance practice room. Beomgyu could hear a faint music coming from the room.

'Our life was cutting through so loud,
Memories are playing in my dull mind'

Slightly opening the door, Beomgyu was mesmerized. So beautiful, so magical he was; his best friend Yeonjun. His moves flowed like water. Effortlessly, elegantly. Every fibre in his body potrayed the pain behind the song. His bangs were long enough to hide his eyes but Beomgyu could see the tears streaming down his cheeks in the partially foggy full length mirror in front of Yeonjun.

'I hate this part, paper hearts
And I'll hold a piece of yours
Don't think I would just forget about it'

Beomgyu felt tears pricking his eyes. His heart wrenched painfully for the boy in front of him. What was the reason behind this pain? And why did Yeonjun keep it from him? His moves looked so controlled yet so fragile and carefree. It was as if he was telling a story through his dance.

'Hoping that you won't forget-"

"Aagh!" Yeonjun lost his balance and fell on the wooden floor with a thud, scraping his arm.

"Yeonjun hyung!" Beomgyu quickly ran to Yeonjun, helping to his feet and cut off the music. The other boy was mostly focused on wiping his tears than the injury itself.

"Beomgyu..? What are you doing here?" Yeonjun couldn't believe Beomgyu was really there in front of him. He felt like it was one of the hundreds of hallucinations he had this month.

Beomgyu dragged him to the washroom without uttering a word. He washed his arms under cold water before wiping it dry with clean tissues.

"Beom-"

"Do you have a first aid kit in here?" Beomgyu cut off Yeonjun while he pointed to a shelf by the door dumbfounded.

"Ssst.." Yeonjun hissed while Beomgyu rubbed medicine on his wounds and blowed on it.

"When did you come here?" Yeonjun asked softly to Beomgyu who was concentrated in bandaging the open wound.

"A while ago." He answered, chewing on his lips.

"Did you win?" Yeonjun asked again.

"Yes, we did." Beomgyu said with a sigh. He still felt guilty for his mistake on the field.

"Why did you come here?" Yeonjun asked yet again with a fond smile on his face.

"What do you mean? I can't come to you?!" Beomgyu yelled, looking up straight into Yeonjun's eyes. Bad move.

He became self-conscious for how close their faces were - just mere inches apart.
He could feel Yeonjun's warm exhale of exhaustion from all the dancing, on his face. His sparkling eyes held the whole galaxy - one he could stargaze all his life. Beomgyu looked away to his arm again with a reddish hue shading his cheeks and ears.