10

"Beomgyu you won't even have breakfast?" Yeonjun asked Beomgyu who was in a hurry to get out of the front gate of his house.

"No, I have something to tell you." Beomgyu said in a serious voice but Yeonjun found it endearing. Heck, was there even anything about Beomgyu that the older boy didn't find endearing?

"Ok sir." Yeonjun joked and gave in to Beomgyu who pulled him out of the house anyways.

"Where are we going?" Yeonjun asked the younger boy but he didn't even bat an eye towards him.

"Are you mad at me? What did I do?" Damn Yeonjun talking in his damn pout. No, Beomgyu can't melt at that. Something needed to be done about his departure at this instant.

After walking in silence for ten minutes or so, the two boys reached the maple garden. Summer had started fading to fall, the days had gotten shorter and the leaves of the said tree had started turning a fiery bright red. It looked so beautiful, so magnificent. Not only because of its looks but also because it held so many memories. Yeonjun had watched this tree go from green to yellow to red and back again to green so many times along with Beomgyu. He would miss it as well when he has to leave.

"Yeonjun, our school dance is just two days later, would you come with me?" Beomgyu asked him with a smile.

"Uh was it? I have been forgetting things nowadays." Yeonjun awkwardly scratched his head.

"Now that you know, would you come with me?" Beomgyu held Yeonjun's hands in his and looked up at him through his lashes. He knew what the answer was but he still anticipated it.

"Beomgyu, can I answer you later this day?" Yeonjun asked.

"Hyung, you need to think about it? Have you already accepted someone else's proposal?" Beomgyu also knew what the reason was, still he pressed on childishly.

"Beomgyu, not now please.. I will tell you before we return home, I promise. Please understand." Yeonjun wanted to live in the moment. He wanted to live his life with Beomgyu towards the last second happily till he was pushed onto the opposite direction of happiness by his father.

"Ok, I understand." Beomgyu sighed. He knew their time was limited yet he still hoped Yeonjun wouldn't leave. Such hypocrisy.

"Do you want to bunk school today as well?" Yeonjun asked, "My head doesn't ever process what Mrs. Hope teaches anyways." he added.

"Is that even a question? For sure!" Beomgyu was enlighted at the thought of skipping school. Like who wouldn't.

"Let's go to a place I decide today." Yeonjun smiled and added, "My dance studio."

"What would I even do there? I can't even dance, neither do I understand anything regarding it." Beomgyu pouted.

"Surprise..?" Yeonjun imitated Beomgyu from last day but he couldn't capture his childishness. That's something only he could do.

The dance studio was not much far from the maple garden, only past some houses.

"Here we come." Yeonjun greeted the owner of the studio and entered it along with Beomgyu.

"Wow.. How do you pay the rent of this place?" Beomgyu asked, sitting at a corner.

"I don't. The owner of this place, Uncle Ryan, gave it to me for free. Actually, he had a son who loved to dance as well. But he somehow went missing at the age of five or six..? Missing diaries and everything were done, he still keeps on searching for the boy till this day. But that's just a hopeless way of holding onto things. Maybe he knows the reality himself but.. " Yeonjun didn't feel like continuing.