12

"Don't you think it's prime time that you move on? You are graduating school week later and still you can't take care of yourself or find yourself someone. I can't understand how exquisite you feel to graduate without a single friend." Arin scolded Beomgyu for the nth time. She was really concerned about the boy's deteriorating mental health which directly started reflecting on his concentration and appetite.

"But I have you." Beomgyu smiled at her.

"No, dumbo. Find yourself someone as in a romantic interest." Arin facepalmed herself.

"I don't think that is possible." Beomgyu looked at the photo frame encasing a picture of his and Yeonjun's younger self and smiled. He wondered, how does Yeonjun look like now?

"I know you gave him your heart and everything and I could see the chemistry between you, but you need to give yourself a second chance. So many men would stand in line for a pretty boy like you, Beomgyu." Arin smirked and nudged him, trying to lighten the air.

"You won't understand." Yet Beomgyu stood his place.

"Then make me? I have been trying to empathize with you and understand you since past two years but you won't even say anything. Heck, I only even know bits and pieces of why you acted up in front of him that day." Arin pouted.

"I think it's time, I have to go." Beomgyu yelled and quickly escaped the room without sparing the younger girl a glance.

"It wouldn't have hurt if you went to your damn part-time job a few minutes later!" Arin fumed and yelled back.

___

It was a mildly sunny day. The suburb held a lot more population now than two years ago. Many things changed - many shops changed, the area became more and more developed. But some things didn't.

On his way to his part-time job, Beomgyu's eyes went to the ramyeon stall by the road. Yeonjun loved eating ramyeon, he remembered. Although, he was sometimes quite conscious of his "chubbiness" so he refrained from having them to his heart's content. Beomgyu would then scold him and treat him to ramyeon soon. He knew it was all Mr. Choi's doings, to insert these ideas and insecurities into Yeonjun when in fact, Beomgyu had never laid his eyes on a more beautiful person than him. He never understood how a father could be the reason for his child's deterioration of mental health, just to fit the "young attractive future heir" image.

He never really pinpoint on this but Yeonjun was quite popular in school for his riches and his "dad". The sole reason why when he found a real person like Beomgyu who loved him for who he actually was, he gave him his all - his heart, his soul, his secrets, his trust. He still feels so guilty of hurting him that day that he doesn't even indulge himself in romantic pleasures anymore.

Beomgyu was more or less an outsider. Playing that soccer match was the most exposure to humanity he had ever had in his life and after that he decided it was enough.

Indulged in his thoughts, Beomgyu reached the bakery shop soon, his workplace.

"Oi welcome, our customer attracter." Hueningkai joked while setting the breads carefully in the showcase.

Hueningkai, the one person from school he was thankful to for giving him this job, but he lowkey avoided him. The blonde guy always tried to befriend him by joking and initiating conversations but Beomgyu wasn't really interested. The most irritating thing about him was his positivity about everything and the fact that he wouldn't even understand Beomgyu's signs of being uninterested.

"Yea." Beomgyu replied curtly.

"Oh look that guy is here again!" As usual, four or five girls crowded in front of the counter to try and get to know Beomgyu. He sometimes wanted to shout that he didn't like girls but bursting their bubble would lead to drop in the finance of the shop, finally leading to him getting fired.

"Hello, welcome." He greeted them with a perfect plastic smile.

"Hey you look great today." One of them winked but he just nodded and smiled back. Was he really that much pretty or were these girls tripping? He didn't find any 'that' factor in him to call himself beautiful. These girls would surely get a heart attack if they saw Yeonjun, he thought.

"Drop your number here, pretty boy." Another girl shoved her phone to him. Annoying queenka.

"I'm sorry but I'm really busy right now." But all he could do was subtly deny with a kind smile.

"Hmph! Here's mine, hit me up when you're free." She winked again and left the shop with her group of friends.

"This is exhausting." Beomgyu mumbled while calculating something on the calculator.

"Oh I know it is. Cons of being handsome." Hueningkai snorted.

"You aren't too bad yourself." Beomgyu said.

"I wouldn't find it too bad if they gave their numbers to me though." He pouted and added, "Well they did, but it was to pass it to you."

"Pfft." Beomgyu stifled a laugh.

"Beomgyu, by the way, do you have a boyfriend? Don't worry I'm not hitting on you." Hueningkai asked.

"No." Beomgyu replied curtly.

"Perfect. I've got VIP entry tickets to the Freeze Club that recently opened here. This party is for single's only remember!" Hueningkai showed him two tickets in black and red. It already looked like trouble from the colour tones. "This one is for you. Bring a friend if you want." He handed the tickets to Beomgyu.

"But why won't you go?" Beomgyu asked him.

"Oh don't worry I will. I am the owner's brother." Hueningkai showed a toothy smile. This boy with triple eyelids and an innocent smile sure did hide a lot of things within himself. He was quite mysterious.

___