9 (part 1)

"Waa.. I was never into Korean bands before but this band istg,, every piece of music that comes from them is a masterpiece." Arin said, violently shaking her head and bopping to the music playing in her ever-favourite headphones.

"Really? Who are they?" Beomgyu's curiosity took the best of him and he peeked over the girl's shoulder to look at what was playing in her phone.

"TXT! Really, bestie, how can you not know about them?" Arin pouted but soon her fangirl persona took over her and she was determined to introduce the said band's whole discography to Beomgyu.

"I think I have heard this somewhere before.. " Beomgyu trailed off while listening to a particular song.

"This one? It's called Blue Hour!" Arin piped up from beside him.

"What does it mean?" Beomgyu felt an uncanny attraction to the song. It was magical, upbeat, soothing yet it was mysterious. As if, betraying the happy-to-go melody and beat of the song, the lyrics were kind of mellow and meaningful.

"Blue hour" means the time of twilight of sunrise and sunset. This time zone has a special meaning since the sky at this time is neither completely gloomy nor bright, but bluish, as it creates a very subtle atmosphere. Specifically, 5:53pm." Arin explained.

"I know what you are thinking about. Yes, it has that reminder of how we're growing up and we need to deal with the darkness/loss in its lyrics. The lyrics and the overall aura of the song don't match but somehow fit together perfectly at the same time. It has a bittersweet feeling and I love it. This is the trademark of this band's music." she continued on explaining.

"Many says to have noticed magical things happening at this moment (5:53pm), but I am not totally sure." Arin said.

Magical things? 5:53pm? Did that ring a bell in Beomgyu's head? Nah, he'd better not believe in these telltales. With the right person and at the right place, every moment is magical, he thought. And he was sure that person was Yeonjun.

"I love this song, Arin." Beomgyu made a mental note to look up more of their songs later.

"Are you staying here today?" Arin asked.

"No, gotta go." Beomgyu smiled sheepishly.

"To meet Yeonjun?" Arin teased the poor boy.

"Touché." Beomgyu covered his red cheeks. He was thankful that at least one person was there to support them. Homosexuality was a touchy and mostly avoided subject of discussion in their backdated town. So much, that he couldn't even reveal his feelings to Rosemary.

"That guy is a little pervert, but he loves you. Go for it." Arin winked and scurried away before Beomgyu could throw a pillow at her.

The weather that day was a little cloudy. As for how forgetful and careless Yeonjun was, Beomgyu took an umbrella for both of them beforehand. Though, he hoped it wouldn't rain. The speeding cars were a nuisance on rainy days.

There was not much wind activity, just like how serene a place is before a storm struck. He contemplated on whether to cancel their plan for today but since he was already halfway through to his destination, he decided not to back out.

"Yeonjun hyung?" Beomgyu called out the older boy, who was sitting near the maple tree, making some sort of garland with dandelion twigs. He then placed it on a distinct stone with paw prints.

Oh no, how could Beomgyu forget this meaningful day? Today was Haru's death anniversary! He almost cried if not for Yeonjun running up to him and hugging him tightly.

Haru was their eldest cat. They spent so many good memories with her but none stays forever, do they?

"I miss her so much, Beomgyu." Yeonjun sniffled on Beomgyu neck. "Me too, Haru was like a family." Beomgyu rubbed soothing circles on Yeonjun's back.