15

Taehyun's POV

Pushing through the crowd, Taehyun safely reached his car and he wasted no time in getting in and rolling the windows up.

His face was still flushed red with embarrassment from his mistake and the staredown competition he just had with a stranger. Well, a pretty one to be honest. With hair a bit long, beautiful deep but bloodshot and drunk eyes, glowing cheeks, wait was he crying? And dressed in an outfit that multipled his beauty by a hundred times.

Did he just shamelessly simp on a stranger whom he knew nothing about? Well done, Kang Taehyun. Can you put some sense into your heart for once?

With thousands of female fans and the pressure from his company along with the conservative nature of the society in that town, Taehyun couldn't go around freely announcing his sexuality and courting men here and there.

But that man he met, or well just stared at, was really a piece of art. Let's not die single Taehyun, let's at least try.

"Manager, can you take a turn to the ramen shop? I really need some food to cool down." Taehyun pleaded while their eyes locked through the car's mirror.

"Fine. But not more than ten minutes." His manager, Mr. Bang, sighed and added, "You know how crazy the fans are these days."

Taehyun didn't like the term 'crazy' used for his fans. Though he couldn't argue, he didn't like him generalizing all his fans for some people who couldn't stop butting into his personal space. Most of them were photographers from different sites disguised as his fans, he knew.

"Thank you!" His manager smiled at the sweet boy. Nowadays it was rare for artists to respect and care for the staffs and the authorities but Taehyun was a real exception. No wonder he was climbing the ladder of success at such a steady pace, it was because he deserved to.

___

When they finally reached the shop, Taehyun knocked on the wooden door. The shop was old, it was there since he was very young, as long as he could remember.

An old man arrived from behind the curtain and smiled at Taehyun. She soon started preparing for his usual - black bean noodles. Taehyun was a regular customer there, you see.

The old couple who ran the place were out of touch from current trends and everything. So, it was easy for him to come and go from this place as he wanted. They only saw him as a normal person and not a celebrity. Oh, was a relief from the overwhelming curse of fame all day.

"Did you have a tiring day today?" The old man suddenly started a conversation.

"Yes, uncle, but one plate of your dish and everything will be alright." Taehyun laughed.

"You sneaky boy," The old man joked back and added, "alright you get an extra egg for being sweet."

"Whoa thank you!" At least Taehyun got an extra egg, today was not that bad.

"So young man, did you get yourself a partner? Anyone in mind?" The owner asked as he slid a hot bowl of noodles in front of Taehyun who blushed at the sudden question. He hated how the image of that guy from the audience appeared in the back of his mind.

"So i guessed it right." The old man raised his eyebrows.

"I don't know if it's correct to imply it as an attraction so fast since I saw him just a few minutes ago.." He trailed off.

"Oh so it's a "he".. " The old man wiggled his eyebrows yet again.

"I don't even know his name, so no hope." Taehyun shrugged.

"You should come by here in the morning. Almost half of the residents here have their breakfast at this place." The old man suggested.

"I'll try." Taehyun had no hope. Such a beautiful person, can't be living in the same town as him, both homo and single at the same time, right? He wished.