21

He silently put his mask down along with the fake smirk he had kept pasted on his face.

His heartbeat was unkempt. He was breathless. His heart told him to run and hug his tiny frame into his arms, run his fingers through his hair and never let him go again.

But he remembered. He still remembers. That cold stormy night when he had left him alone. He had just found the last piece of puzzle to his life, but he had to ruin it all and disappear from his life. He was left to fend for his own heartbreak. He was used.

That cold night resembled today's windy night a lot, he thought. But nothing could replicate that time when the cold pointy frostbites painfully stinged his heart while he cocooned into himself like a dead spider, not ready at all to accept his upcoming fate.

The wind outside blew the curtains a little too hard and knocked the vase kept by it, breaking it into pieces. He signalled the men standing beside him to clean it up and they quickly obeyed.

Subconsciously, his legs brought him up to the window and he closed his eyes, feeling the chilly wind worsening the breaking of skin on his lips. He bitterly thought in his mind to let 'him' feel a thousandth of the pain he felt that night. But in the next second, he was worried that tiny fragile guy might fall sick. It was bittersweet, it was weird. Love - if he would dare to call it so - was a weird thing itself.

_____

Having nothing left to do, Beomgyu had to pick the most favourable 'shelter' out of all the ones Huening kai had previously chosen for him while browsing all day on his laptop.

It was not bad, but it wasn't great as well considering the conditions.

When Huening kai showed it to him, he first gave him a weird look and denied with a frown. The offer was nice, any other man would take up on it, he thought. But Beomgyu couldn't. He had a hard time taking care of himself, how would be take responsibility for someone else of his age??

Even so, Beomgyu insisted.

"This might be the start of the better page of my life!" he said.

Huening kai remained static on his decision.

"And... I have nothing to lose." Beomgyu sighed.

This broke Huening kai.

"Beomgyu, listen, you can stay at my place for how long you want, I'm serious. In the meantime, we can look for better options together!" Huening kai frantically moved his hands in front of his face as if he was a teacher explaining to his student.

"Trust me, I'm better than you think I am. I'll surprise you." Beomgyu grinned.

"But a NANNY?? Like YOU being a NANNY, do you not see how it sounds like?" Huening kai sighed.

"Sounds perfect now that you say it out loud." Beomgyu scratched his chin as if he was in deep thought.

"I can never win over you, Jesus." Huening kai sighed for the nth time that day.

And before the day rolled out, Beomgyu and Huening kai found themselves in front of 33B, Yonsang-dong, in front of the most luxurious looking apartment he had ever seen in his life. Well, he couldn't say the same for Huening kai, he knew almost nothing about him.

"Is this the place?" Beomgyu had his round eyes wide open, making them even rounder like bobas.

"33B, Yonsang-dong. We came at the right place." Huening kai said as he confidently walked up to the security to talk.

Meanwhile, Beomgyu looked at the apartment with a longing gaze to sort his thoughts out. This was going to be his home from now on if he succeeds in passing his interview. Every morning he would wake up, he wouldn't hear Rosemary's sweet voice calling him and Arin for volunteer work.