20

"He'll do anything?"

"Yes, brother."

"Interesting."

"Should I... Can I...?"

"Of course, it's your friend, do I have a say in this?"

"You do-"

"Useless poor pieces of shit."

_____

Beomgyu could hear their loud voices from outside the door, where he was standing with his luggage. He was looking at his feet pitifully, feeling like a burden on Hueningkai.

"Hey, everything's solved! Get your bags and come after me." Huening kai chirped brightly which opposed his demeanor and how he was being scolded inside the room.

"Are you sure?" Beomgyu asked timidly.

"Why wouldn't I be? My brother walks and talks like a mafia but he is a very good person from inside." Huening kai fanned his hands in front of his face to show it was a very trivial matter.

"Okay.." Beomgyu followed suit as Huening kai first lead him to the isolated part of the bar, away from the sweaty drunk bodies.

"So this is where I work?" Beomgyu asked, pointing at the servers.

"Actually, no. Your work is up there." Huening kai said with a nervous smile.

"Up there?" Beomgyu looked up at the second floor to where he was pointing. There, sat a masked man who looked expensive even from a mile away. Through half of his face with a masquerade mask, Beomgyu froze in his place when he felt that man look at him directly.

"What do I need to do?" Beomgyu asked, tilting his head.

"Oh, you'll talk about that with your employer himself." He then lead Beomgyu upstairs to the masked man.

"Daniel." Huening kai introduced him to the man.

"I'm Beomgyu." Beongyu bowed while the man seemingly named Daniel smirked in response to acknowledge his presence. How arrogant.

"How can I be of help-" Beomgyu started but was cut off harshly by a deep voice.

"You seem to have a good body line. Have you been in that industry before?" He was asked.

"Brother, I've already told you he is not-" Huening kai was immediately shushed.

"No, sir, I was persuing my studies before things happened that brought me to here." Beomgyu clearly didn't understand the dark intonation behind the former man's words. Or even if he did, he chose to ignore it. He was desperate.

"Well," Daniel gave a dark chuckle, "how could it be wasted? Can you show me today how capable you are?"

"I would but I have not yet been specified of what kind of job am I to do here." Beomgyu bowed.

"How about I leave that to Huening kai. For starters though, you won't have to work all day. Just less than an hour a day would be enough." Daniel smirked again.

"You promised me you won't do this and be normal." Huening kai sighed.

"Promise?" Daniel laughed loudly in his deep voice.

His voice was like the ocean at night. Dark water which seemed to mix with the equally dark night sky but the tranquility would draw you in.

"Beomgyu, let's get out of here. He is just wasting our time. I'll find you something, don't worry." Huening kai snickered and fast-walked out of the bar, dragging Beomgyu behind him.

_____

"What the fuck just happened?" Beomgyu asked, his arms finally freed from Huening kai's grasp and crossed on his chest.

"He was asking you to be a stripper." Huening kai gagged.

"What, am I not good-looking enough to be a stripper?" Beomgyu gasped.

"Of course, of course. But would you take up on that offer?" Huening kai side-eyed him.

"Never."

"Exactly."

Both of them sighed at the same time, their exhales leaving a trace of fog in the cold night.

"Now what." Beomgyu cried.

"I knew I can't always trust my brother and things can turn sour real quick so I searched a few other options for you in my free time." Huening kai opened up his phone.

"Really? Did you find anything else?" Beomgyu widened his eyes.

"Yes, but I didn't think you would like it." Huening kai scowled.

"But what was it though?" Beomgyu prodded on.

"A mansion on the outskirts of Seoul. They are looking for a butler to take care of their unkempt master." Huening kai read out the advertisement.

"Sounds about right I guess?" Beomgyu questioned.

"But working for a whole day as a butler would leave you no time to continue your studies or.. dreams. Also there remains a risk of your security." Huening kai explained.

"Let's go and see the place at least, we can decide on these matters later. I'm sure I'll find a way. I was about to drop from studying anyways." Beomgyu yawned.

"It would take about two hours to reach there. Why don't you sleep in my living room for the night? I might not have a big house or anything but I do have a big couch." Huening kai joked.

"Hyuka, have I ever told you that you are a really good friend?" Beomgyu patted him on his head.

"Never." Huening kai frowned.

"Then now, I do." Both of their laughs echoed in the silence of the night.

_____