The Strange Newspaper Article

This took a while since  I had to give my exams. I hope you guys like this. Enjoy!

While Harry dealt with his issues, in Hogwarts, there was total chaos.

"Are you telling me that Albus is missing?"

"Albus and Scorpius gone?"

"Malfoy and Potter?"

"Do you know what happened to them?"

"Have they been kidnapped or something?"

The fact that Albus and Scorpius never made it Hogwarts was on tips of everyone's tongues. From first-yearers who have scabby knees to seventh-yearers who behaved like legal adults, everyone single person speculated, wondered, chatted and theorized as to what in Merlin's beard had occurred.

Fourth-year Slytherins were relentlessly taunting the Gryffindors of their year. Karl Jenkins, along with Yann Fredericks, Polly Chapman and a few others were the main receivers of all of this. Despite never talking to Albus, the Slytherins were protective of their house members, whoever they were. Roxanne, upon hearing the news, had given death stares to them.

Currently it was dinnertime. All students were seated at their respective house tables, deep into discussion. Those who were listening to their peers gave sympathetic glances to James and his cousins seated at the Gryffindor table. James kept his head down, avoiding them.

"This is what Professor Longbottom wanted you to keep a secret?" Rose asked, who was sitting opposite to him.

James nodded, before he started having his food.

"Do you want to talk about it? Talking helps, you know."

James looked into her eyes.

"I don't want to talk about it, Rose."

He said grimly.

"But you have to let out your thoughts." Rose continued, "You can't bury things inside your head, James. You have to let it out."

"I said I don't want to talk about it, Rose!" James said, loudly, while Rose stared at him, shocked. Realizing what he did, James sighed apologetically.

"Sorry."

"It's alright, it's alright." Rose said, almost fearfully. James had never yelled at her before.

James looked down. His worries and anxiety were getting the best of him and he cannot let it happen.

"Did y'all hear the news?" Fred said, as he approached Rose and James, along with Louis. The two seventh-yearers took their seats beside Rose, Louis beside Fred and Fred beside Rose.

James had his chin on his hand, unaware about his exclaiming cousin.

"Yeah, I did." Rose spoke. She was about to continue to talk about it, but stopped.

Three pairs of eyes fell on James, who had still not paid attention to them. They unanimously decided to not talk about the news, which was quite terrifying.

"James?" Louis spoke audibly, removing James out of his darkening thoughts.

"Yes Louis?" He said, looking into the elder's eyes.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I am doing good." James said, before driving all his attention towards food.

Louis, Fred and Rose studied James and gave him worried glances. James looked well rested. He did not have any bags under his eyes, but he certainly looked paler. He zoned out more than usual and got lost in his thoughts easily. He ate enough to not make him feel famished, but it all tasted like sand to him.