"Debates"

"And that's how the story ends, Any questioned?" The teacher asked.
"I was wondering. why did Margret run off on Jacob if he obviously loved her and didn't have any intention on hurting her?" A boy asked.
"she was seeking attention." Carter Lockwood answered.
"No, maybe she was scared. obviously her previous relationships didn't work out and all guys only used her for her body and nothing more. that's how toxic relationships start. the boy says he has feelings for the girl the girl thinks nothing of it and thinks their gonna live happily ever after, the boy forces the girl into something for his pleasure usually meaning sex. the girl is blinded by love that she misses the red flags boy ends up cheating, leaving the girl heart broken. Margret had a rough life and her love life wasn't pretty. she was scared of getting heart broken and tired of seeing men walk in and out of her life in non flattering ways that she leaves the one man that really did love her and if he did love her so much then why didn't he chase after her? guys who really love women don't give them up as easy as Jacob gave up Margret." Joey ranted. what she failed to notice the passed few days is that Adam was in that class he just sat far back.
Adam smiled hearing the girl say what she believes in and knows.
"Good points, Joey. Class dismissed." The teacher said.
"Way to end a debate Joey." Carter said.
"It wasn't a debate. you made a stupid remark that i had to correct" Joey answered.
"you had nothing to correct. it wasn't your conversation" Carter said.
"Well i just hate how you feel the need to speak on something that you obviously know nothing about" Joey said.
"How do you know that i know nothing about this?" Carter asked.
"Because you wouldn't have said something that stupid and ignorant. goodbye Lockwood." Joey smiled then walked out of the classroom.
"She got you there, Buddy" Adam said.
"Shut up Banks!" Carter spat.

"you failed to tell me your good at public speaking" Adam said as he walked over to Joey's locker.
"Your in my reading class?" Joey asked.
"Yep" Adam said.
"Fun." Joey said.
"But seriously that was so cool." Adam said.
"What was cool?" Joey asked.
"You telling Carter. and the way you explained the usual toxic relationship was interesting." Adam said.
"Yeah, i am cool for that." Joey said.
Adam laughed.
"So what do you believe Adam?" Joey asked.
"What do you mean by that?" Adam questioned.
"So you believe Margret left for attention or do you believe Margret left because she had valid reasons to do so." Joey explained.
"I believe she had valid reasons to leave. like Jacob wasn't crazy about this girl. he loved her but he didn't love her enough." Adam said.
"I strongly agree with you, Banks" Joey nodded.
"What are you guys doing?" Rick asked.
"Talking, why?" Joey questioned.
"well i don't want y'all to start hanging out. no boys, Joey" Rick said.
"I'm getting older. boys are starting to get more and more amusing but right now we're talking about Reading class" Joey said.
"Ok." Rick said as he walked off.
"I hate him." Joey said.
"He loves you, Joey" Adam said.
"how do you know that?" She asked.
"he talks about you a lot and wants to know where you are and who your with all the time." Ad said.
"Ok well you should get to the rink. you have a game, don't you?" Joey asked.
"Yeah, you coming?" Adam asked.
"I was planning on it but i have a lot of studying to do but we'll see what happens" Joey smiled before walking off.

"Ya know, maybe i like girls. ya know screw boys!" Connie said.
Joey, Julie, and connie were sitting in Joey's dorm.
"What about you, Joey? Have any love interests?" Julie asked.
"yeah!" Connie smirked.
"Not really. and could you try to keep it down? i'm trying to study!" Joey laughed.
"Why are you studying so early?" Julie asked.
"I have a hockey game to go to." Joey replied.
"You promised a boy to go watch him play hockey?" Connie asked.
"Yeah. that boy is my brother" Joey said.
"Damn." Connie scoffed.
Joey laughed at the two girls getting upset that she's not going out with a boy.
The theee heard a knock at the door.
"Yes Russ?" Julie rolled her eyes.
"We have a plan! Guys come on! Sorry Joey." Russ said.
"It's fine. i have to study." Joey said.
"Ok well come on!" Russ said.
The two left, leaving only Joey, Her books, and the thought of Adam Banks in the back of her head. she wondered what this boy was doing to her?