Rejects.

"you ready?" Rick asked as he walked into Joey's room with a smirk on his face.
"I just don't get why your doing this. i mean, what did they do?" Joey asked.
"Uhh they put biting bugs in our beds!" Rick said in a "duh" tone.
"That's because you left them with a 800 dollar bill at a restaurant down town!" Joey said.
"Guys! we gotta go!" Their dad walked in.
Joey gave Rick the death look before walking out.
Joey was wearing a light green dress.

As Joey stood in between Rick and Scooted her and Adam made eye contact a few times. he didn't look mad at her he looked more upset that he's gonna lose things he didn't deserve to get taken away.
Joey gave him a sympathetic smile. the truth is Joey would be standing with the ducks right now if she could but because of  her brother and her dad she has to stand with her least favorite group of people.
"Do i have a mention for reconsideration?" Buckley asked.
Joey had a long face as Rick had the biggest smirk she's ever seen.
"i'm sorry Coach but unless there is a...motion from a board member and a second, the decision must stand." The dean said.
"you leave us no choice but to bring in our attorney" coach Orion said.
Joey smiled.
"No way" Rick said.
"Yes way" Joey smirked.
the door opened, revealing Coach Bombay.
"Dean Buckley, members of the board. as counselor Coach Orion and the freshman team. i'm here today to set forth your legal options so that you may make the best possible decision for all parties concerned." Bombay said.
"Mr. Bombay this isn't legal proceeding" The Dean said.
"Not yet but i can assure you that it will be." Bombay spoke.
"Do you mind?" Bombay asked as he handed his case to Buckley.
"These scholarships. an offer, became a blinding contract upon the signatures of the recipients and acceptance by the ducks. they cannot be voided except for cause which, I guarantee you, you have none. should you decide to pursue their cancellation, I will slap you with an injunction. I will tie this matter up in court for years, until long after these kids have gone on to college. and i will collect damages. i will win.because i am very, very good. you know why i'm so good? because i have a good education. you gave it to me. and your gonna give it to these kids." Bombay said.
The meeting continued and they ended up getting their scholarships back.
"They won, Rick. we lost." Joey said as she patted his shoulder.
"Congrats on the win, Banks." Joey said as they came face to face.
"Thank you, it was fun while it lasted Josephine" Adam smiled.
"Who says it has to end?" Joey smirked.
"Joey!" Rick shouted.

"Congratulations on destroying our school." Rick said with a smirked as Joey stood in front of cole.
"Hey look, it's our school too" Kenny said.
"It's everyone's school, stupid Jock!" Linda spat.
Joey smiled.
"No, it'll never be your school. Don't you get it? your our own little affirmative action, bought in for color to entertain us. but you couldn't even do that. your fancy little lawyer kept you in on a technicality, but you'll never belong." Rick said.
"You'll never be anything more than a bunch of rejects here on a free ride." Cole said.
"free ride? look at you, rich boy! mommy and daddy gave you everything, huh?" Russ spat.
Joey looked down at the word mom. it's not offensive it just wasn't a word she heard often towards her or her brothers.
"Hey, JV- Varsity games on Friday. then we'll show the whole school what a joke you really are then maybe you'll leave on your own" Rick said.
Joey rolled her eyes.

"It's be ...the only honorable thing to do." Rick said.
Joey felt her phone ringing and it said Jessie was calling.
"Scooter, i got take this i'll be back" She whispered. he nodded as Joey walked away.
"Hello?" She asked.
"Joey, he's gone." Jessie sobbed.
Joey's heart sank.
"It's ok Jessie. do you want me to bring Adam?" Joey asked.
"i don't care just come here quick!" Jessie said.
Joey felt tears fill her eyes she needed to get out of here right here and right now.
she saw people walking away.
"You ok?" Adam asked.
"No" Joey said.
"What happened" Adam asked as he pulled Joey in a hug.
"Chet's gone. Jessie just called me." Joey cried into his chest.
"Let's get you out of here" He said as he walked Joey out and they walked to Jessie's house.

as the door opened Joey immediately wrapped her arms around Jessie.
"It's ok." Joey said a she played with her hair.
"What am i gonna do?" Jessie cried.