~~~10~~~

After a few more days of pacing in my room, I heard the distorted noise and when I turned I saw San's form before me. Again I had to help undistort her so I grabbed her with my smoke and she returned to her corporeal form. Looking at her I could see that she looked worse than Thomas and I both. She was exhausted and I felt horrible to know that most of that energy she was using was on me.

"San...we can't keep this to ourselves anymore. If we get the others to help us, maybe we have a chance of beating him." I pointed out taking off my hoodie to hand to her since I didn't have a moment to grab her one. She cradled it in her trembling form and I could see her body relax once the warmth from my body touched hers.

"No...it's my job and I have to do it. The others can not get involved." San replied I braced my hands to my head, running my fingers through my hair, and started to pace again.

"San, look at yourself! You are withering away, you are exhausted and you are splitting your energy between this and on me. You need help." I exclaimed seeing her face become stunned almost like she thought I didn't know what she was doing.

"What are you talking about?" she asked I stopped turning to look at her and bent down to look at her getting a good look at her exhausted frame.

"I know you are using your energy to protect me from the Dark Sides just as much as you are protecting the others. That is ripping you apart and if we are going to have any chance of preventing him from coming you need all your energy." I explained seeing her eyes lower because she knew that I was right. Taking her hand into mine tightly squeezing it and sighing heavily. "Look I get that your energy is the only thing preventing me from going back to who I once was and I am grateful for everything you have done for me. But if we don't find a way to stop him then it won't just be me who falls, it will be all of us."

"I won't let that happen, Virge," she exclaimed I saw her hand touch my cheek, her energy was tingling in my skin as she cupped my face.

"Then we need a plan B. Something just in case that we need to fight back." I pointed out watching her sigh still stroking her thumb across my cheek. Biting my inner cheek I took the hand she had on my face and earned her eyes. "If you end up too weak to take him on, then I will."

"Virgil no!" she gasped. I watched her whole body tremble, I knew that this would make her nervous but what other options do we have.

"San...we have to have options and you may not agree but if anyone else can take him on it's me. You made me stronger when you pulled me from his world but you have to let me prove it." I explained watching her stand up and my hoodie dropped to my bed towering over me like the sun.

"And I won't let you make that sacrifice..." she answered before I could say anything her form distorted and she disappeared from my room leaving me sitting there defeated.

~~What sacrifice is San talking about?~~