~~~~ 22 ~~~~

I was sitting on the steps while Patton and Roman were near Thomas and San stood near Logan. Thomas was drinking some hot chocolate to feel a bit better after what just happened to him.

"I'm sorry that I never showed myself to any of you boys but just because you didn't see me it doesn't mean I wasn't there," San exclaimed I caught half of that conversation of San explaining herself to the others.

"What about Janus and Remus? Are they locked away too?" Logan asked if I saw San shake her head no to him earning a groan from Roman.

"Unfortunately they are here now and here to stay. Fortunately, they don't have the power to free Insanity anymore." San explained sending relief from all of us including myself to hear that I didn't have to worry much about those two.

"Can he come back?" I asked watching San turn to face me and move towards me leaning on the stair rail.

"Yes...he can but only if they let him. You just need to promise me that you will try not to let him out again." San smiled. I could see everyone including Thomas to say I promise to earn a small chuckle from me. She turned to look at Thomas who was now standing before her. "I have to leave now..."

"Thank you, San...for everything you have done for me over the years," Thomas answered I watched her smile radiating her warmth to everyone.

"Juvie...my name is Juvie. It comes from the Roman poet Juvenal who wrote the 'Sana in Corpore Sano.'" she explained I saw everyone looking confused before I saw Logan smirking understanding what she meant.

"Healthy mind...healthy body," Logan answered which San nodded that it was correct before touching his arm. Logan wasn't much of a hugger so this was the only way to show gratitude and she hugged both Roman and Patton. She then turned to face me when I stood up and embraced my face with her hands.

"I am so proud of how strong you have become Virgil," she replied I lowered my eyes trying so hard not to smile at her.

"Thank you for everything you have done for me San," I exclaimed softly watching her stroke her thumb across my cheeks before breaking away.

"Be well my children." She smiled as she began to glow and then distort then finally disappeared from the room.

A few weeks later things have seemed to get back to normal or as normal as they can be inside of Thomas's head. Remus and Janus have been keeping their distance after what happened with Insanity.

"So shall we talk about the future?" Roman offered to change the topic as I decided to duck out for some nice needed rest.

~~one more part after this~~