𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚

"it's enjoyable to get to know baduhenna's family."

"and it's a pleasure to get to speak with you, guizhong."

we're the last words y/n had heard and spoke to with guizhong.

the archon war raged the land, threatening tevyat. all the gods fought for the seven divine seats. y/n and their kin fought alongside barbatos. the gods they were once friends with were now their enemy. even morax himself became enemies with barbatos and his adepti for some time. however, it went unknown by many that guizhong and baduhenna still kept in touch.

until the day that become the god of dusts' very last.

while y/n was out, patrolling what was now known as guili plains, they came across it.

the aftermath of the battle.

there, in the field of glaze lilies, lay the limp body of a woman. a beautiful, familiar woman.

guizhong.

y/n zapped to her side, kneeling down beside guizhong, holding her cold hand.

"guizhong.." y/n glanced up towards the cliff side, where someone, or something stood. they held a pole arm, black smoke accumulated from them. y/n took their attention off of them, and back down at the woman that lay in their arms.

"baduhenna.." y/n whispered, and suddenly, a soft zap was heard next to them.

"y/n? what's..-" baduhenna froze upon seeing her lover, limp in the field of glaze lilies. she fell to her knees, taking guizhong from her siblings' grasp. she clutched her close, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

"it's alright to weep. this must be hard." y/n whispered, placing a gentle hand on baduhenna's shoulder.

baduhenna snatched her shoulder away, hugging guizhong tighter. "hard? you think this is just 'hard'? go and lose someone you deeply love, you have loved for hundreds of years, then come back to me and tell me it's just 'hard'." violent tears spilled from her eyes onto guizhong's resting face.

slowly, her body began to disintegrate into the wind. baduhenna began shaking her head. "no, no no no.. i cant let go.. don't take her." she whispered into the wind as guizhong's body was gone from her grasp. y/n faced their sister. their sister who they cared for.

baduhenna stood from where she kneeled, and disappeared into the wind. y/n glanced around in a panic, hearing nearby shrieks from around guili plains. they found themself perched ontop of a tree branch, hidden by the leaves as they watched the people of guili plains surround the field of glaze lilies.

morax appeared. he stood where guizhong used to lay. he glanced up at the sky. "guizhong is no longer here. she has ascended to the higher heavens."

the glaze lilies danced with the wind along with his words. guizhong's final goodbye was portrayed through the dance of the flowers.

the people of guili plains began talking amongst themselves in a panic. suddenly, a pair of sharp eyes were piercing into y/n. morax knew of their presence.

they zapped away, leaving the scene. returning to mondstadt in a state of shock and panic.

—————————

"venti, you're not having alcohol for breakfast, i refuse to allow you to do that." i sighed as i swiped the bottle of alcohol that sat on the table. venti was sitting in the kitchen of the inn, enjoying a large course of food. "oh, shush shush, y/n. your adeptal duties aren't needed in liyue."