𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙚𝙣

venti, xiao and i all sat on the tree branch in a comfortable silence.

well, until someone broke it.

"i must depart from mondstadt and return to liyue. if i'm needed, call out my name." xiao stood, and with that, he was gone.

for a split second, i felt as if i missed his presence, as if i felt saddened that he left. i brushed off my feelings, turning to the anemo archon that sat next to me.

"venti, did they mention the name of who they're looking for?"

venti turned to me, a look of confusion on his face. he was in the middle of stuffing his face with various fruits he had plucked from archon knows where.

"umph, maybe they're looking around in-" venti paused, swallowing his fruits without chewing them, causing him to have a cough fit.

"mondstadt." he spluttered out, between gasps and coughs. i nodded and turned towards the walls of the city. "i'll be back."

leaping off the branch, i timed it so by the time i hit the ground, i'd have teleported to the gates of mondstadt.

and, it was timed perfectly.

upon glancing up, i was met with a few cold gazes and welcoming gazes.

mainly cold ones.

i spotted the traveller and paimon at the adventurers guild desk. i began speeding towards them, jumping up the steps two at a time.

"traveller!" i called out, managing to get their attention.

"hm? oh, y/n. did you need something?" aether questioned, folding his arms and leaning his head forward to take in all the questions or information i was about to give to him.

"please, let me know if you need assistance with this. i have this weirdly strong feeling it connected, somehow." i placed a hand over my vision, feeling the many singular strips on the blue tassel that hung from my cryo vision.

hesitantly, i unclipped it, for the first time in centuries. my hands were shaking as i handed it to the traveller.

my hand hovered over his, covering the tassel from his sight.

"a good luck omen. please, take care of this. if you need me, i will know." i moved my hand from his, grasping his shoulder.

if it weren't for the cold glares i were receiving, i would've locked the boy in a tight embrace.

but my professionalism cannot falter, neither can my facade.

i nodded my head. "good luck to you, traveller."

i turned on my heel, walking towards the gates of mondstadt.

———————————

"dyou think they channeled their power into this tassel? ooh, maybe it's like a xiao thing! you call on his name, and they feel your energy levels and can detect if you need help somehow." paimon explained as they journeyed towards the tavern.

"possibly, i need you to take this, just incase i get stressed while fighting a ruin guard later on and they mistake that to be our main priority for now." aether handed the floating girl the blue tassel.

paimom clutched it tight, before placing it in a tiny pocket that sat next to her arm.

"paimon has it secured!" she exclaimed, performing an adorable backflip in the air.