Chapter Sixteen

it had been around a month since xiao and i had gotten together, and it was going far better than i had expected.

we spent almost everyday with eachother, either at the inn or sitting in the windrise tree, with venti as an occasional third wheel.

we spent our time in the windrise tree today.

i tossed an apple in my hand, focusing intently on catching it with each throw, until a voice interrupted my train of thought and made me drop the apple.

"you've been staring at that apple with seemingly malicious intent for a good twenty minutes. are you alright?" xiao questioned, side eyeing me while having an arm cast over his knee. the wind was blowing through his hair, which framed his face perfectly.

i side eyed him, slightly startled. "yeah.. but you made me DROP IT."

"..and that's a big deal why."

"i don't know."

we both stared at eachother for a few moments, before xiao chuckled slightly and rolled his eyes, looking toward the city.

"okay.. i won't do it again."

i smiled and shuffled around in my place so my back was turned to him, and i lay my head on his shoulder.

there was a sudden whoosh behind us, and we both stared at eachother in annoyance and disbelief.

"venti.." we both said in unison, as the said bard emerged from the trees, having a giggle fit.

"hello lovebirds~" he sang as he plopped down next to xiao, casting an arm over his shoulder as xiao simply side glared him.

"what is it, bard."

"oh yeesh.. i just wanted to talk to my greatest pals. did you not want to talk to me?" he frowned.

"hardly.. we can never have a days peace with you around." i snorted and side eyed him, leaning further onto xiaos shoulder.

"HOW COULD YOU?! AFTER ALL WE'VE BEEN THROUGH. NO. IM DONE." venti scoffed and stood up, the wind picking up as his cape flew dramatically.

i stifled a laugh and wiped my hands down my face. "venti. don't do this now."

"NO I WILL. AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO."

i cringed and slowly stood up. xiao was NOT going to be impressed.

venti and i faced eachother as xiao sat in the middle of us, glancing between us both in confusion.

"venti.. don't.." i began, but he cleared his throat.

"my DEAR."

"..venti.. my DEAR.. don't leave me like this.." i extended a hand, as venti placed his hands on his hips and turned his head away.

"NO. ITS OVER Y/N. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS. ILL BE SENDING THE SEPARATION PAPERS YOUR WAY SOON." venti jumped off the branch and began storming off, before stopped and side glaring me.

"IM KEEPING THE KIDS."

"WHAT KIDS?!"

he disappeared.

i stared over in disbelief, before nervously side eyeing xiao.

he stared at me with a raised brow. looking me up and down.

"..do you.. both always act so weirdly or what."

"i'm upholding my end of a deal.. i don't wanna get into it." i sighed and sat back down, scratching my head.

xiao smiled slightly at me and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer into his warmth.

"..i find that.. humorous." he placed a kiss ontop of my head, as i side eyed him in slight shock.

"..you.. find something funny?!" i questioned, my jaw slightly agape.

"..yes.. what about it.." he questioned.

"you're just so.. not humoured."

"oh wow. i'd prefer if you.. found it that i could be humoured."

"sure.. you laugh at our performances but when i make up an actual funny joke you don't laugh."

"jokes about certain topics cannot be funny."

"oh what DO YOU KNOW?!" i snorted and poked his cheek, as he smiled slightly and stared off toward the sky, shaking his head while gripping me tighter.

"more than you do."

my eye twitched. "if this is a joke then i don't find it FUNNY."

———————

the pair continued with their petty argument, a small laugh erupting from them occasionally, as someone stood nearby, watching them quietly.

his blue eye glistened as his eyes landed on y/n.

you'll come to regret escaping that day.. y/n.

it's been like 2 months sry 🤭
TBIS JS A DRAFT FROM AGES AGO

but...

guys....

I HIJACKED A BOAT

i'm so sad though bc i'm literally not able to play sumeru until like next week😒

also i got yoimiya at low pity on a 50:50 😈