𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

we suddenly stood in the middle of liyue harbour.

"it looks like it's getting dark." aether admired the setting sun, before turning to me.

"can you bring us to the wangshu inn or something? for the night?"

great.

i thought i was only accompanying the travellers until they made it to their destination, but apparently not.

wait.

xiao will be there.

"alright."

i clenched onto aethers arm, paimon quickly noticing and once more tugging at aethers braid as i teleported us to the lobby of the wangshu inn.

"we've arrived. i- paimon stop clenching onto his hair! you're ripping it out!" i exclaimed, gently pinching paimons small hand with my thumb and pointer finger, moving it from aethers hair.

for such a small child, she had a firm grip.

aether rubbed his head where the few hairs were ripped out from, before quickly forgetting about it and walking toward the counter.

i watched and smiled to myself as aether and paimon bickered about expenses.

that's when i remembered why i agreed to come to the inn in the first place.

while aether and paimon were distracted, i quietly wandered up the winding stairs, towards that balcony.

i placed a hand on the doorway, gazing out onto the balcony.

"hello?"

i pushed away from the doorway, walking further out onto the balcony. the plants that decorated the edges of the platform swayed their leaves softly in the breeze, and an occasional ringing came from the wind chimes that sat closer to the doorway.

the railings were seemingly decorated with small flowers that sprouted from what only could be assumed was a dendro vision.

"what brings you here?" a voice suddenly spoke up from behind me, causing me to turn around in a slight panic to see who it was.

it was the reason why i came to the inn.

"i brought the travellers here. and i wanted to see you."

xiao stayed silent as the wind swayed his teal locks gently. he glanced off to the side.

i admired his side profile, noticing the red eyeliner he usually wore was smudged. his necklace was in disarray and his mask was lopsided as it clung to his belt.

"what happened to you? you look unkept." i questioned the adeptus, leaning a hand on the railing.

i could feel something cold on my hand, and as i looked down, i noticed i had turned the flowers that were decorated on the balcony to ice.

i quickly removed my hand, shaking the cold off of it.

"hilichurls." xiao finally replied after watching me have a main character moment.

xiao slowly approached the balcony and stood right next to me, his arms folded.

"it's cold." i said purely out of awkwardness.

xiao glanced towards me for a split second, before looking off to the side.

suddenly, he teleported away.

i turned my head in surprise, looking around for him.

he teleported back, clutching something in his right hand.

"take it, you're cold." xiao held out a jumper in his hand, glancing away. i could just about see the red blush that was gently painted on the top of his nose and ear tips.

taking the jumper, i quickly pulled it over my head, watching it double over my attire.

"are you any less cold?" he questioned, facing me and taking a step closer.

"not anymore.." i took a step backwards slightly.

xiao stepped forward again.

"don't walk away from me." he scolded, before holding out a gloved hand.

i looked down at his hand, raising my own in contemplation.

"take it. we'll return soon."

i placed my hand in his, and suddenly, we were teleported somewhere else.

the island he brought me to a few weeks ago.

"this is the island with the heart rock formation.. i just thought you wanted that chest that was rumoured to be here but there's something more to it, isn't there?" i smiled, nudged xiaos shoulder.

"yeah, there's something else to it." xiao simply replied. "come sit here."

he patted the empty space beside him.

without any hesitation, i plopped down beside him, bringing my knees into my chest and wrapping the jumper around my knees. (i do this all the time it's a life hack tbh)

suddenly, an arm wrapped around my shoulder and tugged me to the side.

i didn't dare look up at xiao, otherwise he'd see the clearly obvious blush on my face.

eventually, i felt my eyelids drooping as the warmth that radiated from xiaos body relaxed me way too much.

—♡︎—

this fanfictions has slow updates because i'm back to school and i'm so busy with it i think im just going to pass away in the middle of my classes

sorry this chapter is short <3

also i got hu tao on 70 pity 💪💪

yall 💀 sussyzeldafan

edit: follow my tiktok memorialalbedo 💪