𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

slightly ooc xiao

"i mean, i don't know what to do, venti. i genuinely cannot interpret wether or not he was being sarcastic or he was serious- ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" i was pacing along a lower branch on the windrise tree, venting to the 'absent' anemo archon, who wasn't taking a word seriously.

"you're dumb, im not about to listen to a dumb person." venti scoffed, tossing an apple in the air with a hand, swiftly catching it before it could fall onto one of our faces, seeing as he was lying on a branch above me.

now, how did i get back to windrise with the bard so suddenly? well, let's run over what happened before i arrived back.

upon find the traveller and paimon, i brought them to the alcor. after a quick meeting with captain beidou and her sailors, i bid them adieu. that's all.

"well.. if he's taken a liking to you, which surprises me because he doesn't even like me much, then he obviously wasn't sarcastic with what he said. and besides, he's not one to joke like that." venti sat up, gripping the apple in his hand.

"he's not actually one to joke at all."

i nodded, sitting down on the branch. "i figured that much."

venti leapt down from his branch, sitting next to me on mine. he took a small bite out of his apple before turning to face me.

"let's go do something. we're wasting the day away." he slid off of the branch, landing effectively on the grass below.

"i don't suppose you want to go for a drink do you?" i snickered before jumping down myself, landing next to him.

"i wasn't actually talking about a drink. why don't we go find some hilichurls to annoy? i know you like thattt~" venti smiled, clapping his hands and walking forward. i quickly followed after.

i did like beating up hilichurls.

as we walked away from the tree and toward a hilichurl camp based on a beach nearby, venti had summoned his lyre, strumming a small tune.

normally, i would pick up the lyre and throw it away, but, i rather enjoyed listening to his songs. it took my mind off of him.

i needed to stop thinking about him so much. we both had priorities and i couldn't fog my mind up with this 'date' that was meant to happen.

..given it happened of course.

but, maybe it could happen.

i mean, he said it was a date after all, and he had mentioned that he would take me out when we were ready.

whatever that meant.

we arrived to the hilichurl camp, venti folding his arms and standing back, taking out another apple from thin air and eating it slowly.

"well.. kill them and spare a samachurl for me." venti scoffed, waving me forward.

i rolled my eyes, aiming my bow at a hilichurl and shooting it, instantly rendering it dead.

after minutes of useless slaughter, all that was left was the samachurl. as i was about to put it out of its misery, i felt a hand on my shoulder.

"allow me my friend." venti smiled, walking forward and kicking the samachurl over, then proceeding to kick dirt onto it.

he placed his hands on his knees, cackling loudly.

"you're immature." i laughed lightly, instantly stopping upon hearing a whoosh from behind me, followed by approaching footsteps.

"immature indeed.." xiao sighed, standing next to me, his arms folded.

i side eyed him in surprise.

if he knew how much i was ogling about this date, i'd never live it down.