𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

"we should invent something, y/n."

"oh, god. here we go."

"i'm dead dead dead serious! watch- OH?" venti yelled as he spilled some of his drink due to him swinging his arm around as he spoke.

"those hands trying to invent something would be catastrophic." i sighed as i lay my back against the statue of the seven we were at. we sat on the small island in the middle of starfell lake. we had no reason to be there.

we were just sick of drinking at the tree every night.

"you- you know what we should do?" venti collapsed onto his stomach, supporting his head with his hands as he looked over in glee at me.

"what should we do at this time of night, o' drunken bard, who sings song of years gone past, the moment presently, and those forthcoming?" i placed a hand on my heart, delicately blessing the now offended bard with my poetic devices.

"you insult my craft, my friend. should i even consider you a friend after you betrayed me? for thou hast offended thy spirit, for thou hast broketh thy heart- for thy-"

"okay, venti. thy get it." i placed a hand over his, to stop him from swatting it around in the air as he babbled on.

"you know who we should visit, y/n?" venti cooed, raising an eyebrow.

"who? if you're on about visiting that awful wolf from the north, you can think again. i almost lost my arm challenging him." i rolled my eyes as i finished my bottle, tossing it to the side.

"no no, not him. xiao~" he giggled as he opened his mouth wide, holding the bottle over it.

"wha- why xiao- have you been talking to him recently?" i questioned frantically, instantly fixing the collar of my shirt.

venti began laughing uncontrollably, spilling the rest of his wine in the process.

"ah- venti! you've gotten your sticky dandelion wine all over my new shirt- ew-" i stood up, holding my shirt away from my skin.

"hahah! i'm sorry, but watching you get so panicked by the mention of xiao coming is really funny. but, yeah, we should call on his name, adeptus xiao~" venti yelled, but i quickly covered his mouth.

"stop, go back to the tree, i'm gonna wash up in the lake." i sighed, shoving venti to the side, causing him to almost fall into the water.

"YOU BITCH?" he scoffed before zapping away. i giggled to myself, before taking off my f/c shirt and diving head first into the lake. the cold water hit my bare skin, causing a shiver to run down my spine.

i dunked my head underwater, letting my hair flip back as the water splashed from it.

there was a sudden whoosh from behind me, but i elected to ignore it and continue bathing.

———————————

xiao was sat ontop of the roof of wangshu inn, when he suddenly heard his name being called.

xiao~

it sounded like that bard.

xiao scoffed and lay back, closing his eyes and listening to the nature around him.

wha- xiao?! what-

xiaos eyes pinged open.

it was the voice of the adeptus that reigned from mondstadt.

for some god forsaken reason, his heart skipped a beat. their voice was calming, yet they were panicked.