Part XVII

[[ June 05, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - Itaewon-ro 54-gil, Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul ]]

I walk to the ever familiar road down to the coffee shop we once loved to spend time together. I unconsciously check the outside of it and notice that nothing changed since the last time I went. I breathed a small sigh before deciding to walk inside. The familiar smell of coffee and croffel welcome me.

I walk straight to the counter and smile at the barista. "One venti iced americano and latte, please. As well as croffels."

"Would that be all sir?" I nod my head and hand my card to pay and head to the usual spot we two always chose. I turn my eyes outside and observe every person passing by. I was so lost in my thought that it almost surprise me when I hear the barista's voice calling me. I immediately stand up and get my orders.

I casually sip on my coffee and check my phone for some messages. I hear the door creak open and my eyes automatically land to the person who walked in.

I met her gaze and I feel nostalgic. Her hair was tied to a half bun that she always like, her small eyes shining and it almost blinded me. She gives me a smile and elegantly sit in front of me.

"Hi." She said while giving me a little wave which I reciprocated with a nod. "Did you wait long?"

"No." I said in a bored tone.

"You ordered the usual." Her smile grew wider. "You never forgot."

I pretended I didn't hear what she said and just took another sip of my coffee. She clear her throat and took a sip of her latte as well.

An awkward silence seemed to envelop the coffee shop. The only sound you can hear is the chiming of the door everytime someone walks in.

"I am happy you decided to talk to me." Chae said in a low voice breaking the silence between us. "I thought-"

"Don't give any meaning to it. I just wanted to talk."

"What made you changed your mind?" She asked curiously while playing with the table napkin in front of her. "You said you never want to see me."

"Y/N asked me to."

"Oh." Her voice full of dismay. "Y/N asked you too. I see."

"She did." I said firmly while looking at her. "And you said I need to hear you out right?"

"Will it make you change your mind?"

"I know I won't." I lean back and rest my hands on the table. "But you can at least try."

"Yoongi. I know you still have some feelings left for me. So can we at least give it another try?"

"I can't." I non-chalantly said. "You know I can't."

"But why?" She frustratedly asked her hands turning to a fist. "Why are you doing this, Yoongi?"

"I like Y/N, Chaeyeon." A small smile broke out of my mouth. "I would never do anything that will hurt her or make her sad. She means the world to me right now."

"If she means the world to you right now why would you still want to hear the side of my story?"

"Because everyone deserve to be heard." I look at her softly. "And I want to let go of whatever hatred and disappointment I have for you."

"I don't want you to let me go." Her voice cracked. "Please don't let me go." She tries to reach for my hand but I quickly move it away. She was taken aback and she slowly put her hands away because of embarassment.

I look at her intently, and realized that she was that same girl I used to wait for so long to come back and now that she is here all I want was for my feelings to be completely gone.