Chapter 10

Karly stands out on the balcony staring out into the city reflectively. She thinks about how people are so lucky to live this lifestyle instead of the one she has. She wonders if she could have done things differently in her past and chosen a different career path. Tom comes in and tosses his message slips onto an end table. He looks up and sees Karly out on the balcony. 

"Lovely view, isn't it?" Karly turns around and sees Tom standing in the doorway. His eyes widen at the sight of her new look and he takes a moment to admire her. The new Karly. She looks like a different woman. 

"Do you like it?" She asks hesitantly. Tom walks towards her, his eyes never leaving her as his facial expressions stay blank. 

"You... You look different. You look wonderful. Lovely."

"Really?" Karly says softly. 

"I do like it. You really look beautiful." Tom gives her a quick kiss on the cheek and walks back into the living room. He sits down on one of the chairs, exhausted. He starts to loosen his tie and uses one foot to try and slide the shoe off the other but it's stuck. Tom reaches down to untie the shoe but before he can Karly practically throws herself at his feet. 

"Here. Let me help you." She kneels at his feet and unties his shoes. She pulls them off and sets them down next to the chair. 

"Thank you." He pauses and chuckles. "I had an interesting talk with the hotel manager downstairs."

"Oh." Karly looks down shyly. 

Tom takes Karly's chin in one hand and raises her head. He looks into her eyes.

"Listen to me. I don't know what happened with you two, and I don't care. I'm paying a lot for this room and as long as you're my guest, the people in this hotel will treat you like a queen. If anyone hassles you or makes you feel uncomfortable, you tell me. Alright? If I have to, I'll buy the hotel and burn it down to prove my point." Karly smiles brightly. He releases her and relaxes in his chair. His tone was humourous but she knows he was dead serious. 

"Well, Mr Martin wasn't mean to me, exactly. Mostly everyone has been nice, at least since I dressed up. Funny how different people treat you." Tom stared at her with a sad expression on his face as she continued. "Except that elevator boy. He's a snot."

Tom laughs at her childish term. "You want me to have him fired?"

"Fired? Well... not fired. Maybe yelled at."

He grins. "I'll see what I can do. So did you buy anything else?" Karly reaches over to the end table and picks up a pile of receipts. 

"Yes, I saved these for when you return them. It came to eight hundred and fifty-seven dollars. I understand if you want to take them back when I leave..."

"No, of course not. Keep them. You were very frugal."

Karly stares at him trying to comprehend. "Uh thanks, here let me show you what I brought."

Karly eagerly jumps up and picks up her clothes box. She opens it to reveal a mint green dress. She unzips her dress and pulls it off. Underneath she is wearing a soft pink lingerie set. As she starts to put on the dress, Tom speaks up.

"New underwear too?" Karly stops pulling up her green dress. She lets it drop to the floor and models it. 

"Yeah, like it?" She asks as she strikes a pose. 

"Yes, very much." Tom chuckled.

"Good, I got another one that matches this dress." She steps out of the green dress and runs over to a bag containing some underwear. She throws off the pink lingerie and puts on the green one. "And I got a white one too, for my yellow dress. I couldn't find a yellow one. I kinda thought they were sexy. But classy too..." She is interrupted by the sound of the front door bell.

"Ah, that must be room service." Tom goes to get it but Karly stops him. 

"I'll get it." Karly pulls on the mint green dress. She zips it up and darts up the steps to the door. She pulls the door open to reveal a waiter with a tray of food. She gestures to the dining table where he places the trays of food delicately and returns to the door. Just before he exits, Karly hands him a five dollar bill and smiles. 

"See, I'm learning." She closes the door and Tom smiles at her. He wearily gets up and walks over to the tray of food. He pulls the champagne from the bucket, pops the cork and pours Karly a glass. He opens the mineral water and pours a glass for himself. As Karly comes down the steps, Tom hands her the champagne and she takes it. Tom holds up his glass of water.

"Cheers." They clink their glasses together. Karly takes a long swallow of champagne. 

"I'm starting to like champagne. Now I'll show you the good stuff." 

"The good stuff?" Tom questions.

"Well, I figured," She says in between champagne sips, "You might like the look of expensive lingerie on me." Karly moves over to another set of boxes. She pauses and eyes Tom suggestively. "Why don't you relax while I show you?"

As Tom sits in the chair Karly changes from outfit to outfit. She slides up to him in a sexy long white lace and silk nightgown. She does a little turn so he can see it and he smiles. Karly tosses the nightgown into his lap as she tries on something else. She takes a long sip from her champagne glass as she shows him a sexy pair of red tap pants and matching camisole. Tom refills her glass as she shows him a black corset and long stockings with a little dance. He claps and laughs at her antics. Karly tosses the stockings onto Tom. He is accumulating a pile of lingerie on his lap. 

Karly comes up to him in a short bright pink nightie. Very drunk, she sits on his lap and finishes off the last of her champagne. She lets the glass drop to the carpet and kisses him down the jaw. He wraps her arm around her as she unbuttoned his shirt and kissed his chest. He let out small moan as she continued lower. She unbuckled his pants and kissed his tip. Karly reaches over to end table and grabs a condom. She kissed his jaw again, adjusting her position to line herself up with his cock. He grabbed her hips holding her still as he thrusted up. She sunk back down onto him and he let her adjust to his size. Karly started to move painfully slow until she picked up the pace, her tits bouncing in his face. He started lazily thrusting up still holding onto her hips. He was enjoying the view of her breasts as she rode him hard. Karly moaned as she rode out his orgasm. He waited until she finished then pulled her off, limp in his arms. 

Tom carried a drunk Karly into the bedroom and gently laid her out on the bed.

"Did I do good?" She slurs.

Tom laughs, "The sex or the clothes?"

Tom rolls her into the covers as Karly playfully smacks his arm. "Yes you did good, both things."

"I got most of the lingerie at this great sale. A lot of it's polyester, but that white one is real silk." Tom pulls off his pants and climbs into bed with her. She pulls him into her arms and snuggles up to him drunkenly. 

"It only cost around two thirty-five."

"It's okay. I don't care what you spent. I trust you." Karly is taken back by his statement.

"Are you seriously going to let me keep it all." She asks skeptically. 

"Yes. It's yours." Tom smiles as her eyes light up. 

"So what do you think now? With a new do, some clean clothes, the stink washed off me. Do I rate as good as your high-class call girls?" Tom looks into her lovely eyes. Something about the sincerity of the question disturbs him. He half-smiles and answer honestly. 

"Better. You're a lot better. You're wonderful, Karly." 

Pleased, she kisses him warmly on the neck. Tom strokes her hair thoughtfully as they both drift off.