Chapter 15

Tom, carrying a briefcase, moves jauntily down a long hallway. William trails after him. 

"This is no time to disappear. We're in too far," Will pants trying to keep up with Tom. 

"Will? Stop panicking. Kross isn't going anywhere and I don't need to spend the rest of the day watching his stock go down. I'll be in the office tomorrow." 

"Promise me you'll read those contracts by then." 

"Goodbye, Will." William stops and calls after Tom. 

"Shit... By tomorrow, Tom!" Tom hurries into the limo waiting outside the building for him.

************************************************

Tom exits out of his limo and walks to the front doors. He smiles, moving jauntily to the elevators. Mr Martin at the front desk notices Tom's happy mood.

"Good afternoon, Mr Hiddleston."

"Afternoon." Tom's attention is taken by the glittering jewellery display in the hotel jewellery store window. He detours from the elevators and moves to the window for a closer look. He thinks a moment and enters the jewellery store. 

************************************************

Karly comes out of the bedroom into the living room wearing an elegant red sequined evening dress. She looks at her reflection and wonders how she got from being a street hooker to looking like an incredibly beautiful, lavish lady. She hears someone at the door and turns. Tom enters, carrying a small case and stops at the sight of Vivian.

"Do I look okay?" Karly asks nervously.

Tom gives her a small smile. "Hmm... let's see... no, there's something missing." He holds up the small case.

"What's that?" Karly asks as she makes her way towards him.

"I don't want you to get too excited... these are on loan... however..."

Karly's jaw drops. Tom is holding a diamond and ruby necklace in his hands, holding it as if it might melt if he breathed too hard. Tom walks behind Karly and fastens the necklace around her neck.

"This is made for a princess. I think she'd approve of you wearing it tonight. There. Come look." He leads her back to the mirror. She stares at her reflection.

"Tom, I can't."

"Shush. Of course you can."

"What if I lose it?" Karly looks at him deeply.

"You won't."

"What if someone tries to steal it?"

"I'll guard them and you with my life." Tom gives her a kiss on the cheek.

************************************************

The limo pulls onto the tarmac, arriving at the airport. Their pilot in a leather jacket and sunglasses hurries forward to open the limo door. Tom dressed all fancy in his evening suit, grabs Karly's hand and pulls her out of the limo.

"Your plane is ready to go, Mr. Hiddleston."

"Very good." Tom says to the pilot.

"Plane?" Karly asks confused.

Taking her arm, Tom leads her across the tarmac. "You don't want to go all the way to San Francisco in a limousine, do you? I don't."

"Where are you taking me!?"

"Well to meet some friends. Rudolpho, a poet... Benoit, a landlord... Mimi, a flower maker..."

"Huh?"