vi. stargazing

SIX

stargazing

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CALISTA SAVAS

*CONTINUED FROM CHAPTER FIVE.*

The glance was trailed by the noise of leaves rustling in the distance, causing the both of them to tense up.

Carl was the first to turn around, expecting to see the shadows of the gruesome monsters, but instead was abruptly faced with the figure of his father.

"Hey," Rick declaimed to the three individuals, "Tyreese said that you guys were outback. Come on in, we found food. A lot of it."

Before Carl could reply to his father, he peered at Calista.

He had found himself staring at the girl a lot more often than he'd like to admit. There was something about her. The way that the sun reflected off of her honey-tinted eyes. The smile that always obliged on her face, concealing the most cryptic mysteries. He could've compared her to the sun on a cloudy day, or a rainbow after a fierce thunderstorm. Although he hadn't known her for long, he had a feeling. A feeling that overhauled him, forcing him to come to the cognizance that Calista Savas would be with them for quite some time.

"Good." Carl decisively retorted, waving away the thoughts that resided in his head only moments ago.

Rick had discerned Michonne not breaking her gaze away from the wall. "What is it?" He asked the woman, out of utter curiosity. Carl stepped forward, pointing out the scratches that ceased on the wall of the church.

"Those scratches," he endured, "They're deep, like knives or something." Calista took a better look at the wall, stepping closer than she had been before. Something had obviously been trying to get into the church, and not walkers as one would assume, but people. Carl's comment about the knives had proven that.

"Someone was trying to get in," Carl appended onto his discovery. Michonne chimed into the conversation, "I found something else." She aimed towards the left side of the wall. The wall showed,

"You'll burn for this."

✦✮✦

Empty cans were scattered all over the floor of the church. The sounds of people conversing and laughing permeated the air, causing Calista to feel entirely out of place.