x. sky full of stars

TEN

sky full of stars

PSA: Before you proceed to read this chapter, I want to let everyone know that this chapter takes place in CARL'S POINT OF VIEW. Yes, I know that this story is told in the third person point of view, but I mainly tend to focus on Calista's thoughts, and rarely ever Carl's. So, this chapter will be focusing on Carl's thoughts, and only Calista's to a limited amount. This chapter also does not follow the storyline of the show, but it will resume back up again in chapter eleven. Thank you for reading, and I hope that you enjoy Carl's fairly messy point of view. :)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CARL GRIMES

It had been a day.

Twenty-four hours had passed since the group lost Bob. The group had dealt with death before, deaths that had left more of an impact than others, but Bob's was distinctive.

Or that's what Carl concluded, anyway.

He had seen Calista inclining against the wall. Bob had told her something, not something brief either, but slightly obscure. Calista hadn't glanced up from the church's floorboards since she had sat down. She was mourning a man that she hardly even knew.

The church's atmosphere was tense and filled with grief. He knew that Calista would end up making it arduous on herself, reflecting back onto her mindset that was shown to Carl not too long ago.

She believed that it was her fault.

Carl knew that it wasn't, but he also didn't know her very well either. He didn't even know what happened to her sister that she only bluntly told him about, or her mother. Or even her father who she had only mentioned once to him.

All he knew was that she was damaged. Similar to him. Deep beneath her thick skin, she was just another girl. A girl with a big heart; someone who cared.

Someone who just needed a friend.

And Carl could give her that. He could try at least because obtaining her trust was not guaranteed.

Carl's concentration returned back to the girl, only for their gazes to meet each other's. Carl waited for her to say something, but little did he know, she did the same.

"I liked him. He was nice. I wish I got to know him better," Calista finally spoke, "You wanna know what he told me? He told me that the world is cruel. I guess he was right. It's the sad truth, but when is the truth not sad anymore?"

Carl remained silent, pondering on what to respond with. He didn't want to say anything that could make her feel graver than she already did, but he couldn't stand her speculating that it was her fault.