xiii. crimson blemish

THIRTEEN
crimson blemish

THIRTEENcrimson blemish

✦✮✦

CALISTA SAVAS

When you care about someone so much, it's almost like you share feelings. Everything they feel, you feel too. Calista resented her father.

She didn't always. It's one thing to have some hatred for what someone has become, but it's another thing to yearn for their old self back.

The man who once cared for her became the monster in all of her nightmares. It was too easy to love her father, the man she grew up knowing. But it's also easy to love the ones who don't always love us back. Of course, he loved her, in some condition.

But towards the end, he left Calista guessing if he ever truly did.

It's all tragic, isn't it?

Carl and Calista rested on a vacant pew. Calista examined her new possession, briefly eyeing the axe that remained in front of her, the one that used to belong to her.

It still did, but it didn't mean anything to her anymore. God forbid if she'd ever have to use it again.

"I kind of feel bad for him," Carl began.

"Who?" She questioned, turning her head in his direction.

"The priest," he answered, "I mean, how out of touch with the world do you have to be? It's sad honestly."

He had a point, mostly everyone had adjusted to the world at this point, well not everyone apparently.

"I guess," Calista began, "But you have to remember, he's a priest. Everything you have to do to survive these days kind of goes against his morals, don't you think?"

Their conversation was cut short by the screams of a man.

"Please! Let me in! They're close!"

The two teenagers jolted their heads, along with Michonne.

"Help! They're coming!" The man cried, the voice sounding quite familiar.

"Please don't leave me out here!"

Carl and Calista abruptly stood up, bolting to the door, Michonne following closely behind. "It's the priest!" Calista expressed, a feeling of suspense taking over her.

Carl nodded at her, attempting to remove the boards from the door. "Ci," he called out, "Get Judith."

Calista scurried to the pew Judith sat upon, taking her into her arms. "Please don't cry," The blonde hushed. She ran her hand over her back, attempting to silence her. "Get back!" Michonne commanded from the door.

She swung Calista's ax, colliding it with the boards on the door, breaking them into two. The door swung open with the help of Father Gabriel's frantic arms.