Chapter 2: Dew-stiny to meet Della Duck.

The next morning, Erynn walks by Alex's home and knocks on his door. "Hi Alex" she said. "Are you awake?" Alex wakes up and yelled "I am now" causing Fedory to get scared. "Whoops. Sorry buddy." He walks up and opens the door. "What's up?" "Della Duck has arrived back home in Duckburg" said Erynn in excitement. "Wait what" said Alex. "I'll get ready... *OOF!" He tripped to the ground face planted. "Are you okay" said Erynn in concerned. "I'm fine" Alex grunted. He gets up and Fedory hovers at his head. "All right. I'm ready." "Oh... but she's only free in the afternoon" said Erynn. "WHAT" Alex yelled. "Then what's the point of getting me up early?!" "Well...I..." "Maybe next time, you should consider think first before you start telling what's been going on later if it's not this time or today!" "Alex" said Erynn in a surprised tone. She grabs her arm as she starts to feel a little guilty. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry" said Alex. "I don't know what came over me. Are you okay?" Fedory shows a concern expression at Alex. "Well, not really" said Erynn. "Look, I'll give you a gift later" he said. "Is there something bothering you last night" Erynn questioned. "What, no" said Alex. "I'm just cranky. That's all. Maybe I haven't eaten." "Maybe you're right" said Erynn. "I'll see you later." Erynn walks out from the house and pushes a button at her glove to record her invoice. "Erynn's diary. Number 132. Alex has been acting pretty strange today. Unless what he said about not having breakfast probably got him in a bad mood. My only goal right now is to keep him in a positive mood. If something goes badly, then I'll be here to help. End of diary."

Later in the afternoon, Alex and Erynn are standing around in Duckburg as Alex brought a gift. "As much as you're a good friend, you deserve this." He hands the gift bag and Erynn pulls out a gold heart necklace. "Aw... it's cute" she said. "What are friends for" said Alex. "So do you know when she'll be here?" "She should be here right about now" said Erynn. "Dewey should've texted me by now." Suddenly, a little flying dragon lands on Erynn's shoulder. "What's with the little dragon next to you" said Alex. "Oh yeah" said Erynn. "I forgot to introduce you to my little pet dragon. Peeko." "Peeko" questioned Alex. "Does he know how to play Peeko-boo?" Ah hahaha. Ehhh..... (Now I'm becoming Dewey.)" "Uh... no" she said. "I've got him when having an adventure with Scrooge and the family and gave the dragon to me as a gift." "Then how come I don't get something more worthy from him" Alex questioned. "All I got was a lousy dime besides something more worthy." "But that quarter does represent something that's very worthy to you" said Erynn. "Then why it isn't something that big as you have" said Alex. "Uh Alex" said Dewey. "What" Alex yelled. He sees Della Duck in front of him with Dewey. "I...I'm so sorry" said Alex. "That's okay" said Dewey. "Are you guys alright" said Della. "He's a little bit peeved for not having something worthy from Scrooge as I do" said Erynn. He doesn't believe a dime he got from Scrooge is not something worthy." "Okay, I think I've heard this a million times before" said Della. "Hey Erynn" said Dewey. "Selfie?" *POSE! *CLICK! "That dime is something worthy from Scrooge" said Della. "The dime is a symbol for all the hard work you've put out through your life. From what Erynn told Dewey who told me that you risked your life saving people from destruction at the hands of a mad man in New Yolk City and saved my kids. I'm proud of you kid. So whether you think it's worthy or not, it's also something to remember." "Maybe you're right" said Alex. "I'm sorry Erynn." "It's okay" said Erynn. "If it makes you feel any better, I can get you something too." "No no" said Alex. "I already have given you my gift. I'll be fine." "Selfie" questioned Dewey. They both huddle and took a photo. *CLICK!

Dewey, Della, Alex, Fedory and Erynn are having a nice lunch at a restaurant. "So the hat is like Magic or something" Della questioned. "Because uncle Scrooge doesn't really like magic and I have to give my respects to the old coot." "It's a living hat for some reason" said Alex. "The last time I tried to test Fedory if he's magical or not is when last Christmas, I tried building a snowman and wanted to see if it worked. But it turns out, it's not." "He fell right out of the sky" said Erynn. "Oh that explains" said Della. "Hey mom" said Dewey. "What's it like being on the moon? Was there any aliens or any discovers that the moon was really made out of cheese?" "Well, I did tried to take a piece of bite of it, but it really chipped one of my tooth." "Wait a minute" said Alex. "Ducks don't have....". "Oh boy, look at the time" said Della. "It's really nice meeting you, but I have other things to do." "You mean adventuring" Alex questioned. "Adventuring is our Dew-stiny" said Dewey with his bad pun. Alex laughs nervously as he try not to get mad in front of Della. "Your son is hilarious" said Alex. Della whispered at her son's ear and told Erynn, "Do you want to come adventuring with us today?" Erynn blushes and says "yes". "We'll talk again later" said Della. "And maybe next time, we'll bring you along." Della winks at Alex and heads outside. "Have fun" he said. "Have....fun..." In a flashback, in the reality world, Alex in his younger age looks out in the widow seeing kids playing outside. "Mom" said Alex. "Why can't I play outside with the neighbors?" "Because they're strangers" said his mother. "But Jorge is outside" he said. "Alex, leave me alone" said his mother. "I'm busy." "But you're watching tv" said Alex. "You no go anywhere" yelled his mother. "Now leave me alone!" Alex runs to his room and starts crying in his bed. "I never get to do anything" said Alex with a pillow on his face. His flashback ends and noticed a card next to him that wasn't there before and it reads, "Check yes if you want to join the happy family club. Check no and you lost your chance." He turns around and check on who gave him the card. He asked the waitress for a pen and checks on "yes".

From the entrance of Duckburg, Curtis Sparrow has arrived. "From what this radar is pointing, that shadow is at a familiar restaurant. Literally." The radar beeps faster as Alex walks out of the restaurant coming at Sparrow's direction. "Hey you" Sparrow yelled. Alex looked at him and said, "Can I help you?" Curtis runs at Alex and pulls out a gauntlet with pointy fingers as Alex stands here looked confused.