Chapter 15: The Final Stage: Part 3

Somewhere in a blank area, Alex woke up from possession.

Alex: ERYNN! Erynn! Whe- where am I?

???: You're inside of your head.

Alex: Who said that?

Alex's shadow starts to glow red eyes and rises up from the ground.

???: Behind you.

Alex: *turns around You... You're me.

???: I wouldn't say I am you, but I've been making your life better than before.

Alex: What are you talking about?

???: Don't you know? I'm helping you to keep you sane and alive. When friends and families interfere with our own business, we wouldn't plan a dark future of ourselves.

Alex: Don't you mean bright future?

???: No. Why bother being there for someone you know when they have a strike to attack your emotions. I'm not you, but your family is what caused you to bring hatred for others around your personal space. Did you know what it's like to get hurt by family once every week or month when they care for other family besides you and your future? You never have any real friends, real brother and real parents. Your parents is what made you lack of social conversations with others and to be honest, I'm your only friend you can talk to every once in a while or so.

Alex: But... I only have my mother who is the only parent who cares so much about me. Without her, I wouldn't be able to manage to take care of myself.

???: If she cared, did she ever control her temper and apologized? Or what about that she's probably keeping you all to herself because she's only your son to not be all alone on her own. The only friend she wants you to have is your own mother.

Alex looks down in depression.

???: I know what it's like to not have friends to hang around or speak with.

Alex: Like you know how I feel. All I feeling right now is sadness inside of me not knowing I've killed my best friend and her family who really cares about me. All because of my struggles.

???: But they're not real. You lived in a world of a fictional fantasy where no one is ever part of your life. All she would ever want from you is keeping you all to herself because it's all what everyone wants to keep theirselves sane forever. She promised she would take us back home and look what happened a year later. If it weren't for Erynn, the Ramrod wouldn't be destroyed and we would spend the rest of our lives back in our home without anyone.

Alex: I....I guess you're right. All though, it could be an accident.

???: The way I see it, there were no accidents. Take a good examples of your past memories. The time when one of your classmates in middle school picked on you from throwing stuff and an eyewitness of your best friend betrayed you to save his own life. So much for a friend. Here's the time when your cousin didn't listen to your problem but wants to hang out with friends.

The memory starts to play in his conscience.

Young Alex: My brother can be so avoidable when I'm around. It's like I've done something unforgivable.

Cousin: Sorry, did you say something?

Young Alex: Can you listen for the first time? I said it four times already.

Cousin: I am. I'm also texting too.

Jorge: Hey cous! Wanna see which rocket flies the highest?!

Cousin: Heck yeah!